By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Stop putting half assed ports on Wii U 3rd party companies!

Do you think 3rd party should stop this laziness?

Yes, it pisses me off 297 71.91%

No, Wii U deserves piss poor ports 115 27.85%

Total:412

Yeah, Tekken on Wii U is a great port with fun new modes and Nintendo costumes.

All-Stars Transformed isn't a good port, but it sold ok compared to other systems.

Around the Network
Kresnik said:
Mr Khan said:

As far as a port from 3DS can go for Resident Evil. Sonic Transformed and Rayman Legends actually sold well.

What i was trying to go for (but muddied with my Scribblenauts inclusion) was the kind of multiplats that usually skip Nintendo platforms, M-rated or Western games.

Darksiders apparently wasn't that great of a port at the end of the day. Nor Tekken, afaik.

I see.  You raise a valid point:

- Are the kinds of games which are bound to sell well on Nintendo platforms being ported to a higher standard; or is the fact that they're being ported to a higher standard the reason they sell better on Nintendo platforms?

I suspect the former.

I would argue that the type of games bound to sell well on Ninty platforms. Scribblenauts, Just Dance, Skylanders. Are just easier to port due to them being less graphically demanding and HW demanding. For instance im sure Skylanders is not going to be as hard to port as say an Assassin's Creed game. One is far more demanding that the other.

I get upset most because I actually support 3rd parties. I bought Injustice and purchased all the DLC available and yet I still don't get everything, even missing characters. Batman:AO the same thing. WB refunded users that purchased the season pass because they weren't releasing anymore content.

Steam/Origin ID: salorider

Nintendo Network ID: salorider

PSN: salorider

3DS Friend Code: 4983-4984-4179

oniyide said:

i wouldnt call Sonic or Rayman selling well. Has the bar really dropped that low?

But if they usually skip Ninty platforms that is even MORE reason for the games to do well since they dont usually get them. Why arent WIi U owners like man i usually dont play that im there! That tells me that they arent that interested to begin with or maybe they rather play it on another system they own.

The last sentence is BS and thats the nonsense im talking about. IVe personally played Tekken on Wii U and it runs just as fine as the PS3 version. This whole its not a great port is crap that people use to justify a game not selling well. Most of the ports are in fact NOT crap.

I own Tekken for Wii U that port is anything but crap. They threw in extra content, ALL the DLC AND a new mode.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Its not fair to put all the blame on 3rd parties. Nintendo has to build a proper (powered) console to attract the audience of those 3rd party games.

Let's assume that no matter what, Nintendo will have the lowest selling version (i.e. Gamecube situation). However, Nintendo has to give itself a chance, at the very least, by having the game perform similarly as far as graphics so its easy(ier) to port. But by having the lowest install base + drastically different & underpowered version, there is no real incentive for 3rd parties to care, and its hard to blame them IMO.

Back the GCN point. When GTA was a PS2 exclusive, but finally made its way to Xbox and NOT GC, I was rightfully pissed at Rockstar. There was no excuse not to bring it over to GC. Now in these last two gens, with underpowered HW, I fully understand if 3rd parties won't bother, because Nintendo made the declaration of "not competing" anymore. Instead of fixing the GCN's actual problems (image, image image), Nintendo went and messed with one of its strengths (power/performance) and that's why the audience of those 3rd party games has shrunk even more.

We fans need to stop being enablers, and put the proper blame on the actual culprit (Nintendo) for "quitting" after GCN.

Also want to say, I proudly own and support Wii U (near 40 games retail & digital). But also have over $500 on deck to buy a PS4. Why? Not because I want uncharted or w/e sony exclusive, but b/c I want the best PERFORMING version of 3RD PARTY games (the GTAs, ACs, WDs Sports games, etc etc etc). I supported 3rd party on Wii U for its launch and part of 2013, but I'd be selling myself short if I continue to do so with superior versions available in 2014 & beyone. So until ninty starts to compete again in tech specs, and shows they care about that 13-25+ audience as well, it will be hard for me to put blame on 3rd parties.

Around the Network
SubiyaCryolite said:
oniyide said:

i wouldnt call Sonic or Rayman selling well. Has the bar really dropped that low?

But if they usually skip Ninty platforms that is even MORE reason for the games to do well since they dont usually get them. Why arent WIi U owners like man i usually dont play that im there! That tells me that they arent that interested to begin with or maybe they rather play it on another system they own.

The last sentence is BS and thats the nonsense im talking about. IVe personally played Tekken on Wii U and it runs just as fine as the PS3 version. This whole its not a great port is crap that people use to justify a game not selling well. Most of the ports are in fact NOT crap.

I own Tekken for Wii U that port is anything but crap. They threw in extra content, ALL the DLC AND a new mode.

I hadn't heard much about the game one way or another (traditional fighters don't appeal to me much, and Tekken stands lower on the list for being more technical and obtuse to a guy like me).

I stand corrected, then.

Although didn't TTT2 sell badly on PS3/360 as well?

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

The only ports I'd consider "bad" are those with low or inconsistent performance and I'd blame Nintendo's R&D department for that.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Nintentacle said:

I don't really think the problem is half-assing, but It's that the type of games most Third Party devs make don't appeal to Wii U's core audience, causing them the half-ass it to slightly increase profits (If that's possible)

Edit: That, and they don't have to spend the extra time polishing the port.

This, not because the games couldnt appeal to Nintendos core, but because Nintendo had basically built the Nintendo name with or without third party. Therefore third parties were treated as being of no consequence to Nintendo and therefore the same for fans. Nintendo for nearly twenty years has trained a generation of people not really to care about third party but rather to focus solely on their first party. I mean its not like they didnt back it up because its easy to see why third party dont do so well on Nintendo and it starts with Nintendo.

SubiyaCryolite said:
The only ports I'd consider "bad" are those with low or inconsistent performance and I'd blame Nintendo's R&D department for that.

We're talking about the ones with removed modes of all sorts, more. Like Splinter Cell Blacklist missing co-op, or Arkham Origins missing multiplayer.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

they will if each Wii U owner buys 3 to 4 copies of each game to justify the investment, that will surely convince all 3rd party developers to support it.

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection