By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Should Nintendo buy Capcom? (poll included)

???

Yes 1,088 76.46%

No 329 23.12%

Total:1,417

Any company should buy it

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Around the Network

Honestly, Sony, MS or Nintendo wouldn't benefit. Capcom is struggling selling games for PS, Xbox and Nintendo consoles. What do you think would happen if you buy a company and your first decision is to stop making games for all the other companies and potentially cut your game revenue, the one that was already low, by half or two thirds? Capcom stock (yes, the one was bought one week before the annoucement) would plummet and you would be stuck with that forever because it became unsellable without huge losses. It's not like buying IPs from THQ: there you got nice IPs without dealing with thousands of workers and a sick management structure. Buying a sick company is buying problems.

Forgetting all this stuff, I'm a Sony fan. But I don't want Sony to buy it. I know that MH could actually save the Vita, that Street Fighter and RE exclusivity would do a huge deal, but I don't want that Nintendo and MS gamers lose this games. Only because they didn't buy the same console I did, it doesn't mean that I want to see them get screwed. If someone buys Capcom, I hope it is a 3rd party publisher that will keep things like they are. Anyone that wants that their company of choice buy it is just being selfish so they can have something to brag about in an internet forum.

But wii u is the least popular console this gen, those capcom Ip's need a better audience!

Mr Puggsly said:
Twilord said:

Uh, so which Microsoft Rare games are you comparing to which Nintendo Rare games?

You're missing the point. Nintendo fans would have embraced Rare's Xbox games more. Rare's Xbox games were solid, just the wrong audience. Simple as that.

Its kinda like JRPGs that were exclusive to Xbox. They were solid games but the Playstation audience would have embraced them more.

Get the idea?

Your idea is obvious, your reasoning isn't being shown. Part of an argument's structure should include direct examples that support, admittedly I don't know what English speaking countries other than Ireland call 'teaching English' but I'd imagine it still involves teaching you the standard layout for arguing a point, try to think back to your school days and refer to that - its finally got a chance to be useful! 

You provide an interesting comparision but in the case of those JRPGs you are, by naming their genre, immediately providing a basis for comparison for how they could have sold off of Xbox. You need to provide a similiar a basis of comparison for Rare's Xbox games that compares them to N64 or Gamecube games that sold well. 

I'll even help you more by providing a list of the top twenty selling Gamecube and N64 titles respectively and in order of how well they sold on their consoles. - You believe in your argument, sell us on it!

N64 --------------------------- Gamecube

Super Mario 64 --------------------------- Super Smash Bros. Melee

Mario Kart 64 --------------------------- Mario Kart: Double Dash!!

GoldenEye 007 --------------------------- Super Mario Sunshine

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time --------------------------- The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

Super Smash Bros. --------------------------- Luigi's Mansion

Pokémon Stadium --------------------------- Animal Crossing

Donkey Kong 64 --------------------------- Metroid Prime

Diddy Kong Racing --------------------------- Sonic Adventure 2 Battle

Star Fox 64 --------------------------- Pokémon Colosseum

Pokémon Snap --------------------------- Mario Party 4

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask --------------------------- Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door

Star Wars Episode I Racer --------------------------- Mario Party 5

Wave Race 64 --------------------------- Sonic Mega Collection

Yoshi's Story --------------------------- Star Wars Rogue Leader: Rogue Squadron II

Pokémon Stadium 2 --------------------------- Resident Evil 4

Mario Party --------------------------- Pikmin

Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire --------------------------- Kirby Air Ride

Perfect Dark --------------------------- Super Mario Strikers

So now you simply have to tell us, what did Rare make under Microsoft that slots in well with those games? - Please finished your argument, its driving me crazy! XD 

(Also, holy crap Mario Party is goddamn FIFA and CoD esque.)

small44 said:

EA would turn Mega Man into a Battlefield clone though..

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
AZWification said:
small44 said:

EA would turn Mega Man into a Battlefield clone though..

I hope third party buy them it will suck to release those big games just on 1 console

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Twilord said:
Mr Puggsly said:

You're missing the point. Nintendo fans would have embraced Rare's Xbox games more. Rare's Xbox games were solid, just the wrong audience. Simple as that.

Its kinda like JRPGs that were exclusive to Xbox. They were solid games but the Playstation audience would have embraced them more.

Get the idea?

Your idea is obvious, your reasoning isn't being shown. Part of an argument's structure should include direct examples that support, admittedly I don't know what English speaking countries other than Ireland call 'teaching English' but I'd imagine it still involves teaching you the standard layout for arguing a point, try to think back to your school days and refer to that - its finally got a chance to be useful! 

You provide an interesting comparision but in the case of those JRPGs you are, by naming their genre, immediately providing a basis for comparison for how they could have sold off of Xbox. You need to provide a similiar a basis of comparison for Rare's Xbox games that compares them to N64 or Gamecube games that sold well. 

I'll even help you more by providing a list of the top twenty selling Gamecube and N64 titles respectively and in order of how well they sold on their consoles. - You believe in your argument, sell us on it!

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time --------------------------- The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask --------------------------- Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door

Yoshi's Story --------------------------- Star Wars Rogue Leader: Rogue Squadron II

So now you simply have to tell us, what did Rare make under Microsoft that slots in well with those games? - Please finished your argument, its driving me crazy! XD 

You're over thinking this. The types of games Rare made on Xbox platforms would have appealed to the Nintendo audience more. Simple as that.

That's evident simply based on how Rare games have done on Nintendo platforms and the type of games that tend to do well on Nintendo platforms.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

The first thing is about Megaman. If Nintendo buys Capcom, Megaman will back to action.

In other hand, I think franchises like Breath of Fire will be buried.

Mr Puggsly said:
Twilord said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Get the idea?

You're over thinking this. The types of games Rare made on Xbox platforms would have appealed to the Nintendo audience more. Simple as that.

That's evident simply based on how Rare games have done on Nintendo platforms and the type of games that tend to do well on Nintendo platforms.

I'm asking for examples, without giving examples you might as well say 'most planets in the universe are made of cheese'.

KylieDog said:
Arkhandar said:

Do you see a Nintendo making a game whose protagonist is an over-sexualized woman whose attacks maker her naked? Oh wait...

I already commented on this, Nintendo are not making it, they do not own it.  They're funding it in a deal that likely included all the promo they doing for SEGA games on their system.

Bayonetta is really tame also, it's sexual on a 13 year old childs level.

Nintendo will never do anything like this.  Or several other things it does.

No, I don't see Nintendo making anything like that in the near future, nor do I want them to. I have that kind of experience on other platforms.

But going back to the subject, DMC is not developed by Capcom either. It was part of a development contract with Ninja Theory if I remmber correctly.

And it's pretty much evident that Nintendo also wants to cater, at least somewhat, to more mature audiences. They published Ninja Gaidan 3, and are publishing Bayonetta 2 and the recently announced Devil's Third, which by the way has nothing to do with Sega.

So yeah, I could see Nintendo handling Capcom's more mature franchises very well. They're not afraid of the Mature or PEGI 16/18 banner anymore.