By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Should Nintendo buy Capcom? (poll included)

???

Yes 1,088 76.46%

No 329 23.12%

Total:1,417

I think Capcom is too big, but buying 50% of their stock for around $500 million (not sure if the numbers I found are correct) would be a steal.

They have some of the most well-known franchises and many of them like Mega Man, Resident Evil, Street Fighter, Monster Hunter, Breath of Fire or Viewtiful Joe have a Nintendo history.

But most of the key developers have left Capcom due to their new direction in the 7th gen. Nintendo would have to try to get some of them back.

Around the Network
Cobretti2 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I'm sure that's what MS was thinking when they bought Rare. Did that bring them a large casual audience? Not really.

there was a difference though. Nintendo steared RARE into making great games. Mocrosoft did not have that ability and let RARE rott. 

Well Rare's Xbox games did pretty well critically. Those same games could have been successful on Nintendo consoles, but didn't appeal to the Xbox audience.

Its seems some of you people aren't even willing to admit Xbox and Nintendo doesn't have the same audience.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

episteme said:
I think Capcom is too big, but buying 50% of their stock for around $500 million (not sure if the numbers I found are correct) would be a steal.

They have some of the most well-known franchises and many of them like Mega Man, Resident Evil, Street Fighter, Monster Hunter, Breath of Fire or Viewtiful Joe have a Nintendo history.

But most of the key developers have left Capcom due to their new direction in the 7th gen. Nintendo would have to try to get some of them back.

If Bioware sold for about billion... I can't imagine Capcom is only worth $500 million.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:

If Bioware sold for about billion... I can't imagine Capcom is only worth $500 million.

98.18B Yen market cap = around $961M, 51% shares would be around $490M.

I'm also surprised that Nintendo's market cap is around 15 times higher (they also lost a lot).

Why is there talk of Nintendo buying Capcom all of a sudden?

I LOVE ICELAND!

Around the Network
KungKras said:

Because Capcom is appearantly selling themselves, which isn't true. I think it was them opening up their stocks for anyone to buy, but I'm not even certain about that.

OdinHades said:
No, and it won't happen anyway. Wouldn't make any sense at all. Turn a 3rd party into a 1st party and you instantly lose most of the fanbase. 

You're sure about that?

Squeezol said:
KungKras said:

Because Capcom is appearantly selling themselves, which isn't true. I think it was them opening up their stocks for anyone to buy, but I'm not even certain about that.

I see

I LOVE ICELAND!

JazzB1987 said:

Dragons Dogma Wiiu exclusive OMFG also Resident Evil and StreetFighter MonsterHunter omg omg

Buy capcom then buy sega (including atlus) and then NamcoBandai and then buy platinum

What else?

Sony

Click HERE and be happy 

Microsoft will do it because they cant make games. Nintendo should because of their history. Capcom would come back to favor with both Japan and the west.