By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Should Nintendo buy Capcom? (poll included)

???

Yes 1,088 76.46%

No 329 23.12%

Total:1,417

If we're looking at this from the perspective of Nintendo, then acquiring Capcom should be a high priority. Yes Nintendo is losing money lately, but they have enough to continue on into the future.

Buying capcom helps more than just this Generation's Wii U, but also future generations of Nintendo consoles. Gaining all of Capcom's franchises is a major win, and that's before considering it locks rival companies out of those titles forcing consumers to buy Nintendo if they want those games.

A benefit to the here and now is also that Nintendo can purchase a fully operational company that can immediately be put to work producing games, which the Wii U needs. Ensuring you get an exclusive Capcom fighter, Resident Evil (possibly RE2 Remake), and a Megaman title in the foreseeable future is a huge boon for the Wii U, regardless of how poorly you feel those series have been represented lately.

The hype bomb from the thought of returning DMC/RE/VJ to Kamiya and Platinum would be amazing.

Around the Network

It would be good for Nintendo's IPs, although I sadly don't think the current leadership at Nintendo would take the gamble or even use some of the more risky properties to the best of their abilities.

I mean, Nintendo owns the Zero/Fatal Frame franchise or at least a big stake in it and they have done nothing with it outside of a AR heavy 3DS game, along with two games (one a port of Fatal Frame 2 and the other Zero/Fatal Frame 4) that were never released outside of Japan. With such weak deposition for that series what would they really do with RE/Biohazard?

NoirSon said:
It would be good for Nintendo's IPs, although I sadly don't think the current leadership at Nintendo would take the gamble or even use some of the more risky properties to the best of their abilities.

I mean, Nintendo owns the Zero/Fatal Frame franchise or at least a big stake in it and they have done nothing with it outside of a AR heavy 3DS game, along with two games (one a port of Fatal Frame 2 and the other Zero/Fatal Frame 4) that were never released outside of Japan. With such weak deposition for that series what would they really do with RE/Biohazard?

Frame has always done poorly in America to the best of my knowledge, whereas RE has done amazingly well. I'm surprised the US is even getting the newest FF.

They don't even compare. If Nintendo bought Capcom, put Kamiya in charge of Resident Evil, and said make it like 4 but more survival horror, and good, the numbers would probably be pretty decent, certainly far more than anything Fatal Frame could do.

Yes