By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Sunset Overdrive 900p/30fps

Really liked the full interview. Insomniac its all good. SUnset Overdrive is being praised as one of the best loking titles at the show. That is all that matters. Im glad your just concntrating on overall visual impression rather than framerate and res being the only important factors.Cant wait for this game. My fave new IP so far.

Around the Network
Damagon said:
oh boy...

Will it be a better game if it ran at 1080p? I dont think so. For an open world game and these type of artstyle 900p is perfect.

Conegamer said:
vivster said:
Conegamer said:
Well, who really cares anyway? The game looks awesome and it seems to be a blast to play. I'd rather play a fun game with great gameplay in 900p than a dull one with mediocre gameplay at 1080p.

Still I thought that SO could do 1080p. A little concerning, but nothing to cry about or argue over IMO.

I guess people who are still claiming that the gap is closing care.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=184598

I guess that only leaves the cloud as an option for parity.

Hmm fair enough. Must have missed that thread.

It doesn't really matter because 10% is not enough to bring it to PS4 levels to start with, the game looks fun to play which is more important than anything else.

dahuman said:

It doesn't really matter because 10% is not enough to bring it to PS4 levels to start with, the game looks fun to play which is more important than anything else.

Agreed. I know come October I'll be getting the game and hopefully enjoying it greatly; the fact that it's 900p or "only" 30FPS isn't going to change my mind or detract from the experience at all. 

Also moved to MS discussion as requested.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

I think the game looks nice, it reminds of inFamous. Shame it couldn't be 1080p though.

Around the Network

Shame, I thought the new sdk would improve that.

daredevil.shark said:
Damagon said:
oh boy...

Will it be a better game if it ran at 1080p? I dont think so. For an open world game and these type of artstyle 900p is perfect.

Would it be a better game at 60fps with its emphasis on fluid and fast paced gameplay?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

WHAT?! Sunset Overdrive is going to suck now thanks to this piece of news!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Man, no wonder Sony didn't want Insomniac anymore. 900p/30fps? What a bunch of untalented people. They can't even optimize properly.

I hope they go bankrupt.

bananaking21 said:
tagging. dis gon be good.

Haha, yeah indeed. Will read this later this evening as well with some popcorn :p

Stories unfolded with my home made rap songs. Feel free to listen here with lyrics: https://youtu.be/vyT9PbK5_T0