By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Sunset Overdrive 900p/30fps

the game looks beautiful and a lot of fun to play, so as long as it runs smoothly in 30fps I doubt there will be any reason for criticism concerning it's presentation

Around the Network

TBH I'd rather they go 720p if they can make it 60 FPS or at least 45+, 30 is a little meh.

I am still calling that this game will get delayed to Feb/March 2015.
It's a new IP being pushed into the slaughterhouse of October/November behemoths like Battlefield, AssCreed, CoD, GTA...
The delay will kill two birds with one stone - give the game a chance to sell much more, and give devs time to tinker with the graphics a bit longer.

Preorder cancelled!!! Come on Insomniac! Your game was looking so damn good until I heard this information.

But no seriously after Dead Rising 3 and then Watch Dogs' res and fps, SO shows its becoming easier to optimize for Xbox One in open world games.  

Might affect hardcore adoption of this game, while getting lost in the fps shuffle.

Rez shouldn't make the game worse but MS and their fans need to get honest about the power disparity.

Around the Network
dahuman said:
Conegamer said:
vivster said:
Conegamer said:
Well, who really cares anyway? The game looks awesome and it seems to be a blast to play. I'd rather play a fun game with great gameplay in 900p than a dull one with mediocre gameplay at 1080p.

Still I thought that SO could do 1080p. A little concerning, but nothing to cry about or argue over IMO.

I guess people who are still claiming that the gap is closing care.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=184598

I guess that only leaves the cloud as an option for parity.

Hmm fair enough. Must have missed that thread.

It doesn't really matter because 10% is not enough to bring it to PS4 levels to start with, the game looks fun to play which is more important than anything else.

Also a game not being 1080p doesnt mean its bad. A developer can choose to make better textures or fill the world more. Even on PS4 this choice can be made.

Ryse is still the best visuals Ive seen yet on this gen and its 900p. Only Infamous beats it imo. 

Conegamer said:
dahuman said:

It doesn't really matter because 10% is not enough to bring it to PS4 levels to start with, the game looks fun to play which is more important than anything else.

Agreed. I know come October I'll be getting the game and hopefully enjoying it greatly; the fact that it's 900p or "only" 30FPS isn't going to change my mind or detract from the experience at all. 

Also moved to MS discussion as requested.

Game looks fun so idc

dahuman said:
TBH I'd rather they go 720p if they can make it 60 FPS or at least 45+, 30 is a little meh.

45 fps is worse than 30 on a static 60Hz screen though, because it always alternates between displaying 1 frame twice and 2 new frames in a row

that leads to a lot of stuttering, especially in slow panning shots, and input speed inconsistency

at ~55 (maybe a bit less) it starts to effectively get much better than 30fps imo

Maybe in the future regular TVs will be equipped with a g-sync/adaptive sync style system (and consoles might have to be compatible aswell). Then devs can start using fps counts other than 30 and ~60 for their games without it resulting in stuttering and/or frame tearing.

vivster said:
Conegamer said:
Well, who really cares anyway? The game looks awesome and it seems to be a blast to play. I'd rather play a fun game with great gameplay in 900p than a dull one with mediocre gameplay at 1080p.

Still I thought that SO could do 1080p. A little concerning, but nothing to cry about or argue over IMO.

I guess people who are still claiming that the gap is closing care.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=184598

I guess that only leaves the cloud as an option for parity.

How can people claim the GAp is closing ? The hardware is the same now as at launch the gap will always be there, some games will run at 1080p on x1 some wont, the ps4 will do it easier or having better effects, shadows, lighting, Frame rates...... Some less taxing games will be the same on both, but the PS4 will always do it easier then x1 lol.