By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - When will Mario Kart 8 outshine Mario Kart Super Circuit

Tagged games:

Mario Kart 8>Super Circuit

1 month 26 20.97%

2 months 13 10.48%

3 months 7 5.65%

End of 2014 54 43.55%

End of it's lifetime 19 15.32%

Never 5 4.03%

Total:124

6mil? WiiU has 6mil sales now! Lifetime sounds good but end of 2014? Good luck to you!

If everyone who buys a wii u buys mk8 then mk8 still wouldn't reach 6m and if wii u sells a reasonable 4m more by year's end then that would be a ridiculous 60% attach rate. I think he needs more than luck

Around the Network

Settle down guys. No need for this petty feud really now, is there?

If you disagree, then fine. But you've got to go somewhere rather than "well you're wrong" or "#dealwithit" or "exhibit A", to name a few examples.

If you've nothing to say to prove your point then say nothing at all. Else we'll go round and round in circles, getting more and more heated as we go. And who wants that?

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Early-Mid 2015!

Polygon clearly said never.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Sometime in May 2015. So within a year on the market. Calling it now.
Optimistically.

Around the Network

The poll options are terrible.

At the least I can see this get to around 6 million sales sometime in 2016. Maybe a couple months after the 2015 Holiday season.

I believe in Polygon

Click HERE and be happy 

ChrnoTodd said:
Conegamer said:
Polygon said it never will.

So never.

This.

If it passes, I'll burn the games to say that never existed.

Polygon said it would take to 2015 to hit 1 million sales. It surpassed that in 2 days.

padib said:
Super Circuit sold 5.47m in total. MK7 is currently at 9.55m and it took the game 40 weeks to get to 6m

MK8 is a bigger game than MK7 and will probably reach 5.5m in 20-30 weeks.

Just because Mario Kart 8 is more frontloaded than Mario Kart 7 doesn't mean it will be a bigger game. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Fusioncode said:
padib said:
Super Circuit sold 5.47m in total. MK7 is currently at 9.55m and it took the game 40 weeks to get to 6m

MK8 is a bigger game than MK7 and will probably reach 5.5m in 20-30 weeks.

Just because Mario Kart 8 is more frontloaded than Mario Kart 7 doesn't mean it will be a bigger game. 

what makes you think mario kart 8 is more front loaded than 7?