By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - When will Mario Kart 8 outshine Mario Kart Super Circuit

Tagged games:

Mario Kart 8>Super Circuit

1 month 26 20.97%

2 months 13 10.48%

3 months 7 5.65%

End of 2014 54 43.55%

End of it's lifetime 19 15.32%

Never 5 4.03%

Total:124
Max King of the Wild said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:

nope itll most likely have 120 to 200k 2nd week in US

then Europe idk

Japan 340 to 75k. US 440 to 200? Lol

I feel like you intentionally ignored the "120 to 200", Max, and that's bad form. Come on.
US 120+ is a very very solid prediction.

Around the Network
OfficerRaichu15 said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:

then Europe idk

I said 120k to 200k it doesnt mean exactly 200k -_-

I know what you said. Why not say 0 to infinity? 

padib said:

I think the install base will severly limit it's sales.

I agree.
I still think MK7 will underperform overall and MK8 will surpass expected U-level sales, so I think 150% is a fair prediction.

At least you have reasoning to back up your claim. Even if I don't agree. Which is why I didn't single you out like the other guy.

Skidonti said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:

then Europe idk

I feel like you intentionally ignored the "120 to 200", Max, and that's bad form. Come on.
US 120+ is a very very solid prediction.

I didn't ignore it. But why even go that high? Why not just say 500k at that point. 120k is solid which would mean about 25k more for Europe and it would be at the number I just threw out into the wind. Increase Europe to 50k or so and I wasn't far off.

Zero999 said:

do you have the numbers for week 2?

75k in japan. I'm expecting same in Us and Europe.

The correct answer was no. and you THINK that because?

Around the Network
Zero999 said:
Zero999 said:

do you have the numbers for week 2?

because?

Big game releases see big game drops in its second week... Unless launched in holiday period. 

padib said:
Skidonti said:

0_0 wut.
I'm not even sure I should have merited that with so much as this reply, but, uh, all the best of luck on that prediction, man!

"Merited that with so much as this reply", did you learn that in elementary?

I've had good predictions in the past, and I believe MK7 underperformed personally. I think MK8 is the better game and will largely outsell it.

I ded wearn dat in ewementury, yesh I ded.

You expect MK8 to sell at least 17 million units. With a reasonable optimistic lifetime sales estimate for WiiU being 22 million, that's an attach rate never seen by anything except Wii Sports which was THE Wii game and was bundled with every Wii outside Japan for years in the best selling part of its lifespan. I'm sure you've considered this but for some reason you don't think it's crazy.

I think, like Max said in this case, install base will severely limit potential. And I simply think your prediction is unreasonably high. Like, double my lifetime prediction.

padib said:

And I also said I agreed.

I don't think it will so severely limit the potential and I also expect MK8 to increase the U's baseline for the next few years, along with Smash bros and Zelda.

For the record the "Merited a reply" part really wasn't necessary honestly.

We'll agree to disagree. I'd be happy to see it but I'm not sure I'd believe the numbers even then!

It wasn't necessarily but at that point I was debating whether this was a wise conversation to start and if you were simply someone making a baseless statement that my objections to would merely be spiteful and derail the thread. In which case I felt it would not have merited a reply. Sorry about it, thinking out loud.

Zero999 said:

because?

Big game releases see big game drops in its second week... Unless launched in holiday period. 

I'll be more clear. what makes you think US and Europe will be the same? US + canada got nearly double of japan.

Mystro-Sama said:
Conegamer said:
Polygon said it never will.

So never.

I hope you're joking...

I'm always deadly serious.

Always

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.