By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I hate to say it, but Starfox Wii U sounds like the next Lair

PwerlvlAmy said:

jumping back on the nintendo hate bandwagon cycle,that's what.

It's the Nintendo cycle, cant say good things about them for too long otherwise that upsets the balance. To balance it all out you have to go back to talking trash about them to make everything right in the world again 

I've been accused of many things, but I think this is the first time anyone has ever accused me of being a Nintendo hater...

Around the Network

Lair for me, is a great game. It 'been underestimated by many, but it really seems to take the reins of a dragon and i love it.

Star fox WiiU could offer a new experience, cause it can count on 2 screens. Can't wait to see what Miyamoto will invent.

I've hated the gamepad since day one so any form of hate on it i'm completely down for :D

PSn - greencactaur
Nintendo Switch FC - SW - 5152 - 6393 - 5140 Please feel free to add me :)

I dunno but for me aiming with the gamepad the way it will be implemented is quite cool. It just works like twin stick shooters (nano assault neu etc.) Or like Kid Icarus Uprising / Sin and Punishment.

You dont have to stand up and turn 180° it just lets you move the turret independently from the ship.

Ehh my major problem is it sound like Command which is all dog fights. I mean dog fights are good and all but the on rail missions are the best part of the series.

Around the Network

I reserve judgement.

KylieDog said:

Absolute crap.

Don't tell me Capcom, a third party, was able to implement alternate CPP control schemes for several of their own games before KIU released yet Nintendo who own the thing were not able. 

Nobody believes that.  Especially since he did offer an alternate control scheme using it...just not the one that made sense and that everyone wanted.

Hell, they knew the controls sucked which is why they released it with that stupid stand, oh but they totally didn't realise they had this second stick add-on that could be used, and that they were using (just wrongly).  Nope. 

In fact Nintendo were so stubborn and unwilling to admit the controls sucked and could be fixed with a second stick that he even tried to suggest people using the screen instead of a second stick would be too good in the multiplayer and it wouldn't be fair...ignoring when different schemes were used in SSBB, MKWii etc etc.

Stubborn idiots.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion on Kid Icarus' control scheme. I personally enjoyed it, but I have no intention of arguing over personal preference.

My point is that the single game you're using as a precedent isn't equivalent to this situation. Perhaps they would have been able to patch in CCP controls, and perhaps it was due to stubbornness that this wasn't done. However, these are assumptions, and I have no interest in arguing over unknowns. Mario Kart, Windwaker, Donkey Kong, Pikmin, and NSMB are far better precedents to look towards, as these were titles released on the same system as the game in the OP, and were also developed with knowledge of alternate control schemes in mind. 

Star Fox U could rely on any number of control methods, but I'm inclined to belive, based on precendents that actually fit the situation, it is likely that multiple control schemes will be allowed. Kid Icarus is simply not an equivalent example to use as a precedent.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Great, they already killed Skyward Sword for me with forced motion controls, and now they are doing it to Star Fox.

Please please please Nintendo, allow for Wii U pro controller and other methods of control.

I think it's too early to judge the game. Miyamoto has rarely made terrible games, and while it sounds clunky, I'm confident that the execution of the game may in fact be very enjoyable. We can't stick to the past, never looking to the future. We always want something new, but never like what we're given. Sometimes fans of a franchise need to close their mouths, and play the games. That's not just for Nintendo, but for every game franchise. Sometimes franchises make genuinely bad decisions, other times, we have fans who shoot the ideas and concepts introduced in later games down for little reason.

I don't understand why Nintendo just didn't let Platinum Games make Star Fox.