By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PREDICTION: Destiny will sell 15+ million (across all platforms).

No way that game was $500m. I just can't see Activision being that stupid. I personally don't think the game looks that good TBH (judging from alpha streams). Then again, I never liked Halo even when I had the original xbox.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network

lol why would this sell 5m+ anyway?

I don't get it.

I believe it will have sold this much by december 2015.

WhiteEaglePL said:
lol why would this sell 5m+ anyway?

I don't get it.

Cause it's the new IP from the renowned developer of one of the biggest gaming series in the industry and because it's hyped as hell?

Just because you don't get it doesn't mean others won't, especially since your opinion is not very representative of the audience this is aimed at, after all you seem to be a Nintendo fan.

For Destiny even 5m first week is not out of the realm of possibilities.

no

8-12 mio

not 15+

Around the Network

Will wait till the Alpha has finished downloading before I render my decision.

For my near baseless assumption I say 10 million sales.

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

I think it will sell a lot... 10m is easily within its reach.

Can i just comment on the $500m it cost to make, this is how much the expect the game to cost over the course of quite a few years (10 i believe).. i.e as this is a MMO game they need servers to run, bandwidth and support... so the game doesn't need to make $500m day 1 to break even. They will also be creating new content and need people to make content etc.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

2.5 million first week on the ps4 alone sounds reachable. The alpha is great, so its going to cause more people to pre order the game just for the beta.

9-10 millions only on ps4
5-6 millions xbox one
3-4 millions ps3+xbox360

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

In my personal opinion it could do 20 million, 14 in his first year.