By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox team still doesn't get it "Original Xbox One vision was right, digital is the future"

Digital is the future of the industry?

I have to agree 97 27.79%

Not for a while 146 41.83%

Not sure yet 22 6.30%

Why mandatory!! 84 24.07%

Total:349

Even if it is the future it's not MS's choice to make. I like discs for a number of different reason and if you take that away then i'm simply not going to buy your shit.

Around the Network
smroadkill15 said:
GhetooBillGates said:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/24/microsoft-over-1-billion-next-gen-consoles-will-be-sold

Edit: 

We think you can go broader than a game console, that’s our aim, and you can go from 400 million to potentially upwards of a billion units.

I remember this article. He is talking about the industry as a whole, not just Xbox One, like how you stated it. 

No, not like he stated but he was talking about the big 3.

the best way to introduce digital only is to ensure that everything you buy.. EVERYTHING.. will work on all future systems from day 1.

I guess we should all still have tape players and such. As technology advances things change, only in the gaming industry does a company get blasted for moving the industry forward. Also many of you commenting are probably the same ones contributing to killing the industry by reselling, buying used, and renting games. Digital only is definitely the future.

true_fan said:
I guess we should all still have tape players and such. As technology advances things change, only in the gaming industry does a company get blasted for moving the industry forward. Also many of you commenting are probably the same ones contributing to killing the industry by reselling, buying used, and renting games. Digital only is definitely the future.

Wow, so much wrong in a single post.  Congrats.

Around the Network

So because they thought they had the right vision they go and try to force people and buy their stuff ? even clearly that their own people didn't like what they were getting ?

Thats just freaking dumb.

endimion said:
Pretty much what the sting said...

I agree with Yusuf... I'm already full DD and always inline .... Eff the rest of the world...

This

But he is right and Sony believes the same, they just don't say it like that. Do you think all the stuff Sony is implementing with pre-loading games before release, PSNow and stuff like that isn't to get as fast as possible to a domination of digital gaming? Not to forget that they push the Indie and F2P scene more than anything else. Both specifically a way to reach a digital only world.

They try everything possible to let people jump on the digital train to get rid of the physical market as much as possible but as long as the physical market is still that big they won't say it openly to get no mad reactions from some fans and especially retail.

We have a great example with the PC games market where we have already almost no physical sales anymore even if so many people have such a slow internet and even if everyone in forums is a physical disc collector. Only a fool would think that the console market won't be in the future where the PC almost is.

Digital is the future. 5-10 years from now or whatever. When we have all moved past the mono-duo-oligopoly that is the internet gatekeepers. When we have true on demand gaming for wtf ever we want then yes digital is the future. Before then, I will and plenty of others, will prefer physical.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

GhetooBillGates said:

Yusuf Mehdi is a troll who lacks crebility, "Xbox One will sell 1 billion consoles" yeah in a alternate universe, Phil Spencer really needs to let this guy go.

He never said that.