By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon best sellers still shows the X1 selling poorly

vivster said:
DeadBigfoot21 said:
vivster said:
DeadBigfoot21 said:

Why would they? Bungie is NOT owned by microsoft so i dont see why. 

Or what did you mean by exclusive rights? to the bundle?

You are still not getting what I'm trying to say.

Sony paid(probably big time) for the Destiny partnership, including exclusive content, early access and the bundle. Activision is a business so it will accept any proposition that seems good enough. That means one of two things happened. Either MS didn't care at all about Destiny or their proposition to Activision wasn't as attractive as Sony's, hence they got the deal.

The deal is rightfully earned by Sony because they apparently cared more about it than MS.

So we're allowed to compare this bundle to every other bundle MS is offering because they could've had the same.

You answered your own question buddy. 

I don't know which of the 2 it was. Neither of them are good news for MS.

Microsoft is probably not interested in a bundle just like you said. It isn't something new. Bundles have been created in the past for each platform. Xbox has gotten it's bundles aswell as ps. 

Around the Network
MaulerX said:
bananaking21 said:
Azerth said:
Why buy something online when you can just go to a store and pick it up

i guess amazon as a whole are fucked then. 

They're not fucked at all. But, since they started charging tax in my state, I honestly rarely order from them, unless it's something obscure I can't find in WalMart.

I agree there. Ever since they started doing that i slowed down on buying from them. I still do but not that much. I still shop in store all the time. I mostly only shop online during black friday.

DeadBigfoot21 said:
SWORDF1SH said:

The console was announced over a month ago. It's been advertised for weeks. If you mean that MS advertising campaign has to kick in more and the presence of the $399 X1 has to soak into the general public more then yes I think there could be room for sales to go up but so far it's not doing great. It's gone down another 7 place in the last hour. Now at 50.

I haven't seen a single commercial for it. I've only seen it advertised at gamestop (which is expected coming from a video game store) but yes it will sell more but not as much as this holidays. 

I've seen ads on TV for weeks in the UK withe the new X1 price point, I'm sure they would be doing the same in the US. But yes I agree that an adverting campaign in full swing, plus Halo, will see a bigger boost in sales.

SWORDF1SH said:
DeadBigfoot21 said:
SWORDF1SH said:

The console was announced over a month ago. It's been advertised for weeks. If you mean that MS advertising campaign has to kick in more and the presence of the $399 X1 has to soak into the general public more then yes I think there could be room for sales to go up but so far it's not doing great. It's gone down another 7 place in the last hour. Now at 50.

I haven't seen a single commercial for it. I've only seen it advertised at gamestop (which is expected coming from a video game store) but yes it will sell more but not as much as this holidays. 

I've seen ads on TV for weeks in the UK withe the new X1 price point, I'm sure they would be doing the same in the US. But yes I agree that an adverting campaign in full swing, plus Halo, will see a bigger boost in sales.

They probably did advertise on tv but i might have missed it. Yeah both will sell well this holiday only if they can keep up with stock. All these holiday releases and no time to play...:( 

SWORDF1SH said:
DeadBigfoot21 said:
SWORDF1SH said:

They probably did advertise on tv but i might have missed it. Yeah both will sell well this holiday only if they can keep up with stock. All these holiday releases and no time to play...:( 

oops double post 

Around the Network
DeadBigfoot21 said:

Either way I think it's worring for MS. Many people believed that the X1 would outsell the PS4 or come close in the US in June because of this discount. Me included, I thought they would be a lot closer this month when they release June NPD figures but it should be doing better out of the gate than this.

DeadBigfoot21 said:
SWORDF1SH said:
DeadBigfoot21 said:
You are really comparing a console by itself against a console that is bundled with a game that is getting hyped like crazy?

Fail!

The console will do better once more games roll out. Like this holiday with some exclusive games.

Selective reading? I just listed all the X1 consoles in the top 100 and all the PS4 consoles in the top 100. If you want to compare the consoles by themselves that don't include bundles go ahead, the figures are there. Standard PS4 is 7th, $399 X1 is 43rd. Is that better?

Of course, the standard ps4 console has been out for how long? It is the same exact price as when it launched. Xbox one @ $400 just launched into the market. Give it time to sell because it wont happen overnight. 

A console that has been on the market longer will obviously be doing better on the charts. Just using common sense here.

Interesting theory right there. Pretty brilliant.

But..... both XB1@$399 and PS4 Destiny bundle @$449 came on amazon on the same date.  June 9th. It say it on amazon, "first appeared two days ago". 

How does your theory explain one being at #4 and the other being at..... lets just say much much lower. 

Wel, as they say common sense is not common.

Intrinsic said:
DeadBigfoot21 said:
SWORDF1SH said:
DeadBigfoot21 said:
You are really comparing a console by itself against a console that is bundled with a game that is getting hyped like crazy?

Fail!

The console will do better once more games roll out. Like this holiday with some exclusive games.

Selective reading? I just listed all the X1 consoles in the top 100 and all the PS4 consoles in the top 100. If you want to compare the consoles by themselves that don't include bundles go ahead, the figures are there. Standard PS4 is 7th, $399 X1 is 43rd. Is that better?

Of course, the standard ps4 console has been out for how long? It is the same exact price as when it launched. Xbox one @ $400 just launched into the market. Give it time to sell because it wont happen overnight. 

A console that has been on the market longer will obviously be doing better on the charts. Just using common sense here.

Interesting theory right there. Pretty brilliant.

But..... both XB1@$399 and PS4 Destiny bundle @$449 came on amazon on the same date.  June 9th. It say it on amazon, "first appeared two days ago". 

How does your theory explain one being at #4 and the other being at..... lets just say much much lower. 

Again, go read my comment. 

Ps4 destiny bundle isn't just a game by itself unlike the $400 xbox one. 

Destiny is a game that is being hyped like crazy and it is being bundled with a ps4.....xbox one console is not being bundled with anything. 

Now comparing a ps4 destiny bundle against an xbox one bundle with halo 5....now that would be a solid comparison. 

pbroy said:

If I wanted an Xbone or PS4, I would go to Game stop or Best Buy now. I'm going to wait 3 days to get it. Amazon charges tax now in my state. So they lost out as my buy all retailer. But then again, if I was fat, ugly or both, I would probably just stay home and buy from Amazon.

Damn, I guess that's why no one's buying PS4s from Amazon either.....oh wait, they are. That logic doesn't fly. 

DeadBigfoot21 said:

Again, go read my comment. 

Ps4 destiny bundle isn't just a game by itself unlike the $400 xbox one. 

Destiny is a game that is being hyped like crazy and it is being bundled with a ps4.....xbox one console is not being bundled with anything. 

Now comparing a ps4 destiny bundle against an xbox one bundle with halo 5....now that would be a solid comparison. 

Or, you know, PS4 vs. One at the same price would suffice

The One and Only

VizionEck.com