By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - FUD debunked :ps3 profits eclipse (x360+wii)'s combined profits in Germany.

omgwtfbbq said:
I thought there was a lot of fud about people's desire for the PS3/Wii/360, so I did some completely unbiased interviewing and statistic gathering in order to provide the complete picture about what people want. I picked a random time to go to people who were in and around game stores around Melbourne and ask them what console they were most excited about at the time (it was some completely randomly picked time, about 11:50 pm on 22 March 2007) Amazingly enough, 100% of people were most interested in the Playstation 3! Every single person wanted a PS3, and were willing to pay for it. Incredible stuff! Not only that, but after I finished chatting to people (about an hour later) I went around and asked the sales staff at these stores what they had sold since opening that day, and they all responded the same way. 100% domination for PS3 hardware and Software! not a single Wii or Xbox was sold! PS3 dominates the entire southern hemisphere! NA, Japan and Europe will follow when LAIR is released

Now I know a lot of people really really want the PS3.. its expensive.. Honestly im a Sony fanboy and im pretty sure once the price drop domination will begin but uhh.. please don't go lieing.. Wii will obviously be sold out and 360 will be gathering dust a long side with a few PS3's boxes... Everyone wants a PS3 on the inside .. I mean who doesnt? Problem is its freaking expensive as hell! I am going to buy a Wii very shortly to play some of those classic games, and I think a lot of other gamers will too so by saying Wii is selling bad even in one store is just dumb...

Everyone wants a PS3.. but its rediculously high price tag is driving them away and making them hate Sony for what? i dunno some of you people gotta check with yourselves..

Around the Network
larry said:

Der Umsatz entspricht annähernd dem Wert, den Nintendos Wii (4,3 Mio. Euro) und Microsofts Xbox 360 (3,4 Mio. Euro) im gleichen Zeitraum gemeinsam erzielten. Besonders gefragt waren die Angebote für die PS3 in den Wochen nach Markteinführung. Vergangene Woche bewegten sich die Zahlen der drei Konkurrenten auf ähnlichem Niveau.

That roughly means: The transaction volume is roughly the same, as of Nintendo Wii (4,3 Million Euro) and Microsoft XBOX 360 (3,4 Million Euro) combined in the same timeframe. The offerings for the PS3 were especially successful in the weeks after launch. Last week the numbers of the three competitors were on the same level.

Conclusion: There were big success for PS3 after launch. Now it normalizes on a level.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

OriGin said:
I'm pretty sure it's talking about revenue yeah? larry is the new resident Sony fanboy and sounds ridiculously familiar to Hus (are they all the same?) Sorry larry but Lair aint gonna begin the onslaught, that game is gonna flop.

'Umsatz' means the full transaction volume. I'm not sure what 'revenue' means (I'm no native english speaker, I'm german), but if it means winnings, than it's not meant in the article.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

S-L-I-P said:
omgwtfbbq said:
I thought there was a lot of fud about people's desire for the PS3/Wii/360, so I did some completely unbiased interviewing and statistic gathering in order to provide the complete picture about what people want. I picked a random time to go to people who were in and around game stores around Melbourne and ask them what console they were most excited about at the time (it was some completely randomly picked time, about 11:50 pm on 22 March 2007) Amazingly enough, 100% of people were most interested in the Playstation 3! Every single person wanted a PS3, and were willing to pay for it. Incredible stuff! Not only that, but after I finished chatting to people (about an hour later) I went around and asked the sales staff at these stores what they had sold since opening that day, and they all responded the same way. 100% domination for PS3 hardware and Software! not a single Wii or Xbox was sold! PS3 dominates the entire southern hemisphere! NA, Japan and Europe will follow when LAIR is released

Now I know a lot of people really really want the PS3.. its expensive.. Honestly im a Sony fanboy and im pretty sure once the price drop domination will begin but uhh.. please don't go lieing.. Wii will obviously be sold out and 360 will be gathering dust a long side with a few PS3's boxes... Everyone wants a PS3 on the inside .. I mean who doesnt? Problem is its freaking expensive as hell! I am going to buy a Wii very shortly to play some of those classic games, and I think a lot of other gamers will too so by saying Wii is selling bad even in one store is just dumb...

Everyone wants a PS3.. but its rediculously high price tag is driving them away and making them hate Sony for what? i dunno some of you people gotta check with yourselves..

dude, it was a joke. read the post. Laugh a little.

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!