By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - FUD debunked :ps3 profits eclipse (x360+wii)'s combined profits in Germany.

Thanks for clearing that up reverie... gotta love the style of the original poster trying to spin something in another language into postitive news for his fanboy goals... it's just to obvious though. larry do you really believe what you say?

Around the Network
OriGin said:
Naw, Diomedes isn't so bad... he at least brings up proper points and backs his arguments, it's okay to support one side if it suits you better, I wouldn't call Diomedes a resident fanboy at all.

Maybe my bad, no offense intended. Just sometimes it's a bit hard not to get confused with all the mud and fud-slinging...

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Lair won't sell in Japan...

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Translate this it says revenue not profit and I believe the release dates of the systems may have something to do with this as well seeing as the PS3 to my knowledge released March 23 and the Wii and Xbox360 both releasing in December of 2006 and 2005 respectivly. Most early adopters buy a game for their system and as this says they cover the same period of time.

JDWolf36 said:
Translate this it says revenue not profit and I believe the release dates of the systems may have something to do with this as well seeing as the PS3 to my knowledge released March 23 and the Wii and Xbox360 both releasing in December of 2006 and 2005 respectivly. Most early adopters buy a game for their system and as this says they cover the same period of time.

Red ink flows like a river of blood. Noone has any doubts now. PS3 has dominated Europe, and is currently on its way to repeat the feat all over the world. MS and Nintendo executives are filled with shame, some are reported to be missing and are thought to have commited suicide.

Hail Sony.

Around the Network

i was wondering how the hell PS3 could get more profits than Wii even if it outsold it by 3-1 at this point. Considering they are taking a loss on each console it would be hard to match profit. However revenue would make sense, especially since it costs more....

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Pfff... Sony and PS3 won Europe, yeah right?!

And Unslaught begins with Lair in USA and JAP... U kiddin me right?!

Wii owns PS3 with like 5-1 in Japan.

Wii owns PS3 with 7-1 in USA... So what the hell are you talkin about...

Wii ain't goin nowhere and PS3 ain't gonna eclipse Wii and X360 sales any time soon...

Also: Why don't you check the numbers for PS3 and Wii for Europe... You're delusional!

Not bashin or something... Just telling the truth... Just check the charts... He's just convinced of PS3 winnin no matter what, kinda like HUS?!

THE NETHERLANDS

This is only software, and only in Germany. Pretty much each country has its own preference and to whatever degree.

So assuming this report is correct, that means that the PS3 won Germany, not the whole multiflavored pie that is Europe. Congrats :)

Also, since the PS3 loses money on each console sold, these numbers mean even less. 

Currently playing: Civ 6

OriGin said:
I'm pretty sure it's talking about revenue yeah? larry is the new resident Sony fanboy and sounds ridiculously familiar to Hus (are they all the same?) Sorry larry but Lair aint gonna begin the onslaught, that game is gonna flop.

yes just like that.

after Crysis no one even talks of cartoonistic Halo3 with poor graphics.

Lair is only possible on ps3 and puts just about any x360 game in the bin

cdude1034 said:

This is only software, and only in Germany. Pretty much each country has its own preference and to whatever degree.

So assuming this report is correct, that means that the PS3 won Germany, not the whole multiflavored pie that is Europe. Congrats :)

Also, since the PS3 loses money on each console sold, these numbers mean even less. 

Unfortunately for the original poster, it means even less than that, since those numbers correspond to the launch period of the PS3, when it's not surprising for the PS3 to have good sales.