By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - FUD debunked :ps3 profits eclipse (x360+wii)'s combined profits in Germany.

larry said:
OriGin said:
I'm pretty sure it's talking about revenue yeah? larry is the new resident Sony fanboy and sounds ridiculously familiar to Hus (are they all the same?) Sorry larry but Lair aint gonna begin the onslaught, that game is gonna flop.

yes just like that.

after Crysis no one even talks of cartoonistic Halo3 with poor graphics.

Lair is only possible on ps3 and puts just about any x360 game in the bin

Not even pc ? 

What, no love for Pc-gaming ?

Nothing's cheaper than something free.

F1 vs FOTA, when too much power is in couple peoples hands.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Around the Network

Oh, I see, it's only about software sales. Original press announcement:

And just for kicks, a look at video game sales on amazon.de: 

http://www.amazon.de/gp/bestsellers/videogames

The Top 25 is dominated by DS and PC items with a few Wii, 360 and PS2 items in between. PS3 items are not in the Top 25 at all.

Hardcore gaming is a bubble economy blown up by Microsoft's $7 $6 billion losses.

Der Umsatz entspricht annähernd dem Wert, den Nintendos Wii (4,3 Mio. Euro) und Microsofts Xbox 360 (3,4 Mio. Euro) im gleichen Zeitraum gemeinsam erzielten

ok - i translate it now correctly

important is "im gleichen Zeitraum"

it means in the same time

ps3 = from 23.03.2006 till now : 7,3

wii = from 23.03.2006 till now : 4,3

xbox = from 23.03.2006 till now : 3,4

this news is discussed much at consolewars.de thats why i want to correct this

people that can read german - go to consolewars.de and you will see iam right

since ps3 had its launch iam not surprised - ARE YOU ?

I think that Gamefont might have used a little bit of creative translating, along with a little bit of creative ignorance on that one. The Wii is beating both the PS3 and 360 combined with launches aligned. In fact I don't think you can find a creative way to make it look like the PS3 is winning.

reverie said:
Oh, I see, it's only about software sales. Original press announcement:

And just for kicks, a look at video game sales on amazon.de: 

http://www.amazon.de/gp/bestsellers/videogames

The Top 25 is dominated by DS and PC items with a few Wii, 360 and PS2 items in between. PS3 items are not in the Top 25 at all.

you are talking abot Amazon that puts x360 games on 16 and 15 on japa charts.

In reality x360 is almost non-existent in japan selling 3k hardwares per week.(priced at 250$ only but still with no consumers)

Around the Network
larry said:

yes just like that.

after Crysis no one even talks of cartoonistic Halo3 with poor graphics.

Lair is only possible on ps3 and puts just about any x360 game in the bin

Dude, I hate M$ with a passion but even I find this comment hilarious.

There comes a time when you have to own up to reality. The sooner you get that over with, the easier life will be for you.

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks

footbag said:
I think that Gamefont might have used a little bit of creative translating, along with a little bit of creative ignorance on that one. The Wii is beating both the PS3 and 360 combined with launches aligned. In fact I don't think you can find a creative way to make it look like the PS3 is winning
  its like i posted above

the point is that here "gleicher zeitraum" means something like at the same time/week of a year

when you read the complete text in german you can understand it - because in the end it is said "that now are all nearly the same" ... so they really mean the time since the launch 

@ RolStoppable: just came back from a saturn and yes the X360 is bundled with two games (Kameo and another)

most people I know who play consoles in germany haven´t gone Next Gen yet , some whait for some unknown shooter by the name of Hallo 3  ???  many are waiting for price drops, and most everybody is pissed at sony sice we get the most expencive ps3 with the least functionallity (no emotion-chip) and the games are all 60-70 euros instead od 50-60 euros on Wii and 360. Plus germany is very big with PCs, don´t know if its more than other countrys but almost everybody I know uses a PC as primary gaming system so they have had HD for a long time.

"Plus germany is very big with PCs," I just noticed that on the Amazon.de charts. Wow.

larry = The Ghost of Hus