By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - FUD debunked :ps3 profits eclipse (x360+wii)'s combined profits in Germany.

NEWSFLASH! PS3 sold more units in from midnight to 1 am on its launch than the Wii in some store in Switzerland! Clearly Europe has been won by SONY!

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

Around the Network

Well actually besides the Us and Jp Sony really is selling well ( imean the wii and ds have sold more than the psp and ps3 for now) but they are really selling well in Europe and the PAL regiaon. Especially in AUssie Mate.

psmcx said:
Well actually besides the Us and Jp Sony really is selling well ( imean the wii and ds have sold more than the psp and ps3 for now) but they are really selling well in Europe and the PAL regiaon. Especially in AUssie Mate.

We actually really don't have that much information about how any of the consoles are doing outside of Japan and North America; it is possible that the PS3 is doing better in these regions but we do not have the quantity or quality of data for those regions.

psmcx said:

Give me some facts and some sources and I'll believe you, but unfortunately you have nothing to base this on and thus you say something that is oppinion like it is fact and sound stupid.

Sorry.

Here's some info on Australia: http://gamer.blorge.com/2007/05/06/wii-and-ps3-sales-neck-and-neck-in-australia/ keep in mind that this includes the PS3 launch and Not Nintendo Launch, the Wii is around 80k units all up here, the 360 is around 160k. But also remember that this only includes about a week's worth of PS3 sales. So in reality, you can't really draw any information about Jan-March sales.

Around the Network
ckmlb said:
Lair won't sell in Japan...

If this one will suck in Japan then it is impossible for a Western game to do very well over there.

I mean there are dragons in it, it is one of the things that are more popuar in Japan than in Europe and Amerika.

In fact what is the most popular not Japanese game ever? 

Just away of spinning sales data.

The fact is, if you take away Nintendo's Sales and Microsoft's Sales, Sony is winning.

I thought there was a lot of fud about people's desire for the PS3/Wii/360, so I did some completely unbiased interviewing and statistic gathering in order to provide the complete picture about what people want. I picked a random time to go to people who were in and around game stores around Melbourne and ask them what console they were most excited about at the time (it was some completely randomly picked time, about 11:50 pm on 22 March 2007) Amazingly enough, 100% of people were most interested in the Playstation 3! Every single person wanted a PS3, and were willing to pay for it. Incredible stuff! Not only that, but after I finished chatting to people (about an hour later) I went around and asked the sales staff at these stores what they had sold since opening that day, and they all responded the same way. 100% domination for PS3 hardware and Software! not a single Wii or Xbox was sold! PS3 dominates the entire southern hemisphere! NA, Japan and Europe will follow when LAIR is released

"FINAL WORDS:- Europe won,japan and Na onslught starts with LAIR"

That's stupid, the French (and English) market is bigger than the German one and France is the stronghold of Nintendo in Europe since the NES, so Germany is just a blip on the radar for Nintendo.