By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Stunning Zelda screenshots direct from Nintendo

I actually think they should have made Link a girl. Would have been a game changer for the series.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network

Anybody else think they might still release a proper trailer for this during E3? The current one isn't really suited to go viral... being an interview and all. And as far as I could tell the video links we have aren't hosted by Nintendo's channel.

DevilRising said:

Not what I would have imagined, but looks amazing just the same. It's just too bad that so many people have been trained in this HD generation of ours, that "dark + 'gritty' = realistic". Those landscapes still look pretty damn "realistic" to me. And this just tells me two things:

1. Wii U is just as powerful as I thought it was capable of being.

2. Regardless of how gorgeous this looks, just like MK8, you're never going to stop hearing whiners/complainers/trolls go on incessantly about how it looks "ugly" or "unimpressive", etc. etc. etc. etc.

But hey. Fuck the haters. This first glimpse was awesome.

P.S. ALL footage shown today was confirmed to be in-game engine footage. So put the dumbass speculation to bed: yes, it actaully will look like that, or better. Also, people shitting their pants over how "bright and colorful" it is...........you were given footage of a BRIGHT DAYTIME scene from the game. There will, unquestionably, be day-to-night in this game, and thus dark night scenes as well, not to mention plenty of dungeons that are destined to be dark/brooding to boot. So pull your panties back up folks, you'll get your fill of browns and grays in there somewhere, I'm sure.

I've seen a lot of your posts, and I must say, keep it up man. Can't find anything I disagree with you on. The game looks freaking amazing.

Estelle and Adol... best characters ever! XD

OneTwoThree said:
Anybody else think they might still release a proper trailer for this during E3? The current one isn't really suited to go viral... being an interview and all. And as far as I could tell the video links we have aren't hosted by Nintendo's channel.

You are correct, there is no standalone zelda video on Nintendo's channel

Monument Games, Inc.  Like us on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/MonumentGames

Nintendo Netword ID: kanageddaamen

Monument Games, Inc President and Lead Designer
Featured Game: Shiftyx (Android) https://market.android.com/details?id=com.MonumentGames.Shiftyx

Free ad supported version:
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.MonumentGames.ShiftyxFree

Why is link so... ugly? If the art style is doing a pokemon then Zelda needs help. The world looks amazing though... just not link. Heck, even Hyrule Warrior's Link looks great!

Around the Network
Fusioncode said:
I actually think they should have made Link a girl. Would have been a game changer for the series.

or they could have made "Zelda" about Zelda and not about Link

Lafiel said:

looks very very good, but in motion there was a lot of visible aliasing (atleast in my stream), are these screens "brushed up" ?

I think it is a combination of both. Those screens are a bit too good to be direct captures...but Twitch streams aren´t helping the game either.

Looks mighty fine

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

EricFabian said:
petroleo said:

You can play with those visuals right now:
go and get a Wii

yes looks exactly the same

so man give up. Just skip the game and watch the rest of us enjoying

Yes it looks nice, but haven't we seen this type of visuals before ?, is obvious they are using that Wind Waker hd engine. 

I was hoping for something unique, didn't Nintendo likes to catalog themselves by  that word "Unique experiences" ?, well they are failing on that term.

I was expecting something very different in fact, I was expecting something that NINTENDO shows us originally but it failed hard on that promise. 

OneTwoThree said:

I also hope for a longer trailer, it looked great, but it was too short.