By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Has the bar been set low for Nintendo to steal the show?

Ummmmm....after seeing Batman (not on WiiU), BloodBorne (exclusive), Destiny bundle and exclusive stuff galore, Infamous DLC, LBP3 THIS YEAR!!!!!, Dead Island 2 (probably not on WiiU?), Grim Fandango remake, Ratchet remake, No Man's Sky (fantastic looking and not on WiiU), Far Cry 4 (not on WiiU and fantastic), and GTA5 and LoU remastered (neither on WiiU) I think Nintendo has a lot of catching up and wowing to do, because Sony just dropped the mic again. I mean their new exec sucks at speaking and his hands were annoying and yeah they wasted some time on VR and TV, but DAMN they showed a lot. I said earlier that MS showed a lot but had a bit too much CG and stuff we already knew about. Sony showed up by showing gameplay or new stuff for previously announced games and flooring us with some new unexpected announcements (LBP3 is the surprise of the show so far NO rumor of that is just amazing)

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network
bubblegamer said:
The bar been set low? Have you been asleep the whole day?

Seriously, no way the Wii U has better multiplats to show off.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

platformmaster918 said:
Ummmmm....after seeing Batman (not on WiiU), BloodBorne (exclusive), Destiny bundle and exclusive stuff galore, Infamous DLC, LBP3 THIS YEAR!!!!!, Dead Island 2 (probably not on WiiU?), Grim Fandango remake, Ratchet remake, No Man's Sky (fantastic looking and not on WiiU), Far Cry 4 (not on WiiU and fantastic), and GTA5 and LoU remastered (neither on WiiU) I think Nintendo has a lot of catching up and wowing to do, because Sony just dropped the mic again. I mean their new exec sucks at speaking and his hands were annoying and yeah they wasted some time on VR and TV, but DAMN they showed a lot. I said earlier that MS showed a lot but had a bit too much CG and stuff we already knew about. Sony showed up by showing gameplay or new stuff for previously announced games and flooring us with some new unexpected announcements (LBP3 is the surprise of the show so far NO rumor of that is just amazing)

The majority of what you quoted was either (a.) a remake or remastering of products already owned, or (b.) available on PC.

Mr Puggsly said:
bubblegamer said:
The bar been set low? Have you been asleep the whole day?

Seriously, no way the Wii U has better multiplats to show off.

You agree Sony did i see. Yes, it was nice. But first party is also important, which is why Nintendo still has their rightful place in todays market.

Vena said:
platformmaster918 said:

The majority of what you quoted was either (a.) a remake or remastering of products already owned, or (b.) available on PC.

ummmm ok well most of it's not on WiiU which is the point I was making.  Also LBP3, MGS5, Uncharted teaster, Destiny, and Bloodborne are plenty and given how much you just narrowed things down by adding PC to the mix (not sure what that has to with Sony, Nintendo, and MS consoles) I think that's a solid slate.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network

E3 always sucks until Nintendo arrives so this is no big surprise

As others have said, Nintendo can either be AWESOME (E3 05, 2010) or Fail (E3 09, 12)

Oh, and multiplats are irrelevant to me since PC takes care of that.

Estelle and Adol... best characters ever! XD

CDiablo said:
All they need is games with actual gameplay and not lame cgi/rendered realtime videos. Thats enough for me.

Nintendo isnt even holding a conference...

Kane1389 said:
Nintendo isnt even holding a conference...

Considering how these conferences have been, that's all for the best.