By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Has the bar been set low for Nintendo to steal the show?

Goooo Nintendo! Show them how to properly announce games! E3 2004-2010 needs to back!

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
noname2200 said:
Kane1389 said:
Nintendo isnt even holding a conference...

Considering how these conferences have been, that's all for the best.

It worked great for them last year

It's been confirmed that they're showing Zelda U tomorrow, so they have this in the bag.

In terms of quantity there's no way Nintendo will beat Sony or MS. In terms of 1st party content then it's possible, but in the end that's a matter of opinion.

Nintendo and PC gamer

Kane1389 said:

It worked great for them last year

Yes, the logical conclusion is that things would have gone so much better if they had presented the same material, but spread out over 90 minutes instead.

Around the Network

If they do what they do best which is make videogames theyll win E3 for sure

It would be pathetic if Nintendo wins E3 without a real conference. Does it really matter if they do?

Ex Graphics Whore.

Nintendo cannot win e3, because e3 is about convincing gamers which console has the strongest line up so they can go out and buy it, Nintendo has no support, Witcher 3 and Batman will not be matched in terms of wow factor.

platformmaster918 said:
Vena said:
platformmaster918 said:
Ummmmm....after seeing Batman (not on WiiU), BloodBorne (exclusive), Destiny bundle and exclusive stuff galore, Infamous DLC, LBP3 THIS YEAR!!!!!, Dead Island 2 (probably not on WiiU?), Grim Fandango remake, Ratchet remake, No Man's Sky (fantastic looking and not on WiiU), Far Cry 4 (not on WiiU and fantastic), and GTA5 and LoU remastered (neither on WiiU) I think Nintendo has a lot of catching up and wowing to do, because Sony just dropped the mic again. I mean their new exec sucks at speaking and his hands were annoying and yeah they wasted some time on VR and TV, but DAMN they showed a lot. I said earlier that MS showed a lot but had a bit too much CG and stuff we already knew about. Sony showed up by showing gameplay or new stuff for previously announced games and flooring us with some new unexpected announcements (LBP3 is the surprise of the show so far NO rumor of that is just amazing)

The majority of what you quoted was either (a.) a remake or remastering of products already owned, or (b.) available on PC.

ummmm ok well most of it's not on WiiU which is the point I was making.  Also LBP3, MGS5, Uncharted teaster, Destiny, and Bloodborne are plenty and given how much you just narrowed things down by adding PC to the mix (not sure what that has to with Sony, Nintendo, and MS consoles) I think that's a solid slate.

Most of gamers have a PC, and PC versions are made to be playable on low spec rigs, so they have a broader audience. Therefore i agree with his point.

Second to that we are discussing show appeal, not the bigger library. Destiny and MGS5 do little in that regard, being a multiplataform, even if not on Wii U. Also Uncharted was just a teaser with no gameplay, MGS5 almost that. Sony big guns were definitely Bloodborne and LBP3.

Since Bloodborne is a new IP from which we saw very little, i do think Nintendo line-up can easily steal the show, if they don't f*** things up.

Some of you people are crazy. A huge number of blockbuster games were shown off today, branching across so many of the relevant properties that are currently on the market, as well as quite a few new IPs, all from highly reputable developers. And people are let down by this?! You are all going to live a life of sadness.

It's all about the game.