By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Why I dislike Microsoft and why you should think twice about trusting them.

PLEASE READ ALL OF THIS BEFORE COMMENTING BECAUSE YOU NEED TO SEE I'M NOT TROLLING BUT PUTTING THE TRUTH OUT THERE.  I DIDN'T JUST WAKE UP ONE DAY AND DECIDE TO HATE MS. THIS IS NOT FOR FLAMEBAIT OR ARGUING. I'M JUST PUTTING THIS OUT THERE AS FOOD FOR THOUGHT.

My last blog was a review, and I got no responses at all. No one seemed to like it, so I figured I'd write what I'm best at. This blog should show who Microsoft really is and show you guys why I don't like them. This is not meant to troll or incite anger from Xbox fans in a trollish way. Rather this is to show Xbox fans and all people what dirty lies MS has told us. Then decide for yourselves if you want to keep supporting what I consider a corrupt company.

Sure, Sony has lied a bit, as well as Nintendo. I still have some anger about Sony abandoning the PSP to PSP Go UMD transfer program. But MS takes the cake here! I have some links to another article and an insulting MS video which is clearly deceptive. Plus I have some memories of a MS lie or two myself.

My first link is to a story I read today about Microsoft lying and how they are ruining this console generation. I want to mention that I do not agree that MS is ruining the whole generation, just their reputation: http://nerdburglars.net/138/Article/why-microsoft-are-ruining-this-console-generation.html

Now that you have read this informative article, here is a link to a new Xbox One commercial which is clearly deceptive to those that are more casual and don't know the difference between XB1 with and without Kinect. This video has tons of Kinect features shown, but advertises the $399 Xbox without Kinect at the end. Here is the Youtube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QN6Fz67wLv8 . This video upsets me the most.

Now my own words. My first memory of Microsoft's lying is when they said the original Xbox was upgradable. Not only did this not happen, but they abandoned the original Xbox in only around four years--which is a short console cycle--in favor of the 360 and demanded that 3rd party companies switch to 360 right away. A more recent lie is that MS said that there would never be an XB1 without Kinect. Another lie. They said that Kinect was intregal to the XB1 and that they wanted XB1 to be a multimedia center. Well, suddenly it's all about the games when Xbox is losing in it's home territory! MS has not been all about the games for years now. C'mon MS!

MS has recently pulled a copycat of the Sony strategy in multiple ways. Games with Gold=PS Plus instant game collection. No more subscription needed for apps, just like PS Plus. $399 console, just like PS4. What bothers me more is that MS is not compensating the early adopters of XB1 for this new Kinectless XB1. The early buyers were told that Kinect was there to stay and was to be an important strategy for XB1, not a side peripheral. MS will undoubtedly downscale it's games for Kinect and stop improving it as much as they would have if they kept Kinect in every box. Now those that paid $500 are stuck with an accessory instead of an important part of the XB1 experience. They should have kept Kinect and just swallowed the $100 loss for awhile. It's not like they can't afford it.

Lastly, though it's not a lie, the constant red ring of death problem with the 360 for years, showed that MS didn't care about the gamers very much when they rushed 360 out the gate, and the fact that it took a class action lawsuit to get MS to extend 360's warranty to 3 years for the arguably poorest constructed game console ever, makes them an untrustworthy company in my opinion.

Clearly this is a biased blog, but one with much truth involved and no trolling whatsoever. Thanks for reading.

Around the Network

Nicely written but these type of threads always make controvercy.

Welp and exactly what kind of discussion is this thread supposed to spawn?

You're right about one thing, it sounds a bit biased. :)

i didn't read anything but the thread title,.. but fuck yeah!!

Around the Network

Yeah, um... no.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

But I spent ten years with a laptop that had Windows XP installed and it never gave me problems. I wanna trust them :(

You don't have to be biased to dislike someone/something. There is something we call preference.

Although I think it's beating a dead horse at this point I still agree with your stance on Microsoft. Whether it's being deceptive ,greedy or just plain stupid they've succeeded on all fronts. Since last year's E3 they've left such an ugly paper trail it's going to be hard to recover at this point. Starting with the stupid game sharing issues to trying to pay for false reviews it never seems to end. Saying Kinect was the future of gaming was insulting to fans intelligence and they are paying for it now. They've had to change or retract almost everything they've done and no that is not a good thing for anyone trying to put a positive spin on it. The whole Phil Spencer era is a joke too what is he going to do all of a sudden it's still the same company with the same games in the same situation. Not trying to antagonize those who like XBOX One but it's hard to find something to compliment Microsoft on since the launch. Also fans insinuating "indies" are a bad thing when they are clearly yet another advantage for PS4 just isn't very truthful. Any company will do what it has to do when they are losing this badly but they made their own bed 90% of the time...

This ain't gonna end well. I agree to some of what you said, but you are seriously not going to get mature responses to this on VGCHARTZ.