By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Am I the only one around here who doesn't care about Miyamoto's new IP?

Are you hyped for Myamoto's new IP?

Yes! Can't wait! It will... 103 36.14%

I expect it to be okay. 20 7.02%

I don't know what to exp... 110 38.60%

I just don't care about ... 52 18.25%

Total:285

I'm curious about what type of game its gonna be.

Around the Network

It's his last hurrah; I'm expecting it to be something great.

"On my business card I am a corporate president. In my mind I am a game developer. But in my heart I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

BraveNewWorld said:
It's his last hurrah; I'm expecting it to be something great.

he'll be making games till he's 100!!!

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

I'm extremely excited for any situation. Here's two possible situations that would make me happy:
1. He shows off a really interesting game, in which case I would obviously be intrigued.
2. He shows off another game like Wii Music, in which case I would laugh at everyone's demise and sadness.

He can't go wrong.

Quickly edited the thread title to appease NinPie.

Also, I am pumped for it as well. Please don't let us down Miyamoto!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

I highly respect Miyamoto and think he is one of the most important game developers of all times, but i dont think his new IP will be really core/hardcore. (i still hate these words, but i want you to know what i mean^^)
I have the feeling, he is creating an IP on par with animal crossing. Of course not the same, but rather a game for "everyone".

I really care about it, but i dont expect very much.

The guy is a legend in the world of gaming, responsible for some of the most iconic gaming characters and titles of all time and worthy of the highest of respect.

With that said, so much of that was so long ago. The man is now way past his prime and so far behind the times that he hasn't done much in the last few years to prove to me that his new IP is worth getting excited about. He should hang it up. Anymore stunts like Steel Diver and WiiMusic and his legacy, while great, will no doubt be tarnished, much like that of a star sports athlete who continues to play way past his glory days.

I pray I am wrong, but I fear that I am right.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

I just got into Pikmin with Pikmin 3 and I love it. I hope it has the same amount of creativity and isn't a "Wii" game (you know what I mean).

People are talking like tonnes of people don't love Steel Driver and that the Wii games, were not loved by millions of people even though it wasn't aimed at them.

Aielyn said:
Nintentacle said:
I hope It's awesome, but I seriously doubt it. C'mon, Miyamoto, we don't want another Wii Music!

Speak for yourself.

I want another Wii Music. A better one.

I mean a repeat of Wii Music. Same quality, different genre. 

A new, improved Wii Music for Wii U would be pretty cool.