By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 & Wii U duking it out. End of 2K14 sales prediction Thread.

Shortiloe said:
COLD_COBRA_ said:
Shortiloe said:
To behonest, there aren't much heavy hits this year for PS4, only Destiny comes in my mind right now. The Order and so on are all delayed. Only Call of Duty maybe and the new Battlefield. But titles like Smash bros, X and Co can do the thing for Wii u, so I predict that Wii U will sell more THIS year. Don# forget, mario Kart 8 is out and will be a system seiller this christmas, too ! Not Numbers from me, sorry

You really believe Wii u will sell more than ps4? Really?

Yes, THIS year, maybe you overread that. Wii U will have heavy hitters this year, PS4 hitters are coming in 2015.

What makes you thing the PS4 will sell more THIS year? Huh? A Destiny? It will boost sales, sure, but that is all. Not as much as alle the games will do that are coming for wii U THIS year.

PS4 outsold the Wii U's arguably best game with a new ip multiplat.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network

This is LT total sales by end of 2014 not just 2014.

PS4- 19million
WiiU- 14million
Xbone- 10million

BeElite said:

Fact is its far easier to churn out ds 3ds games then wiiu games, ninty has shown struggle making hd games.  Reality is Kart is one a generation, no other game will bump U anywhere near that.  Ninty just fired its wmd and 2nd in sales for the week is all they got. 

Best line up of games, please stick to reality even if you may think so most will not.

3rd parties are never coming back, no matter what the u sales. They will never ever come no matter how badly U whoops the X1, casue the might PS4 will always be there to trump it.  And then the reality once agian kills your idea becasue its juts better business to make a PS4/X1/Pc game then a nintendo console game no matter how big its user base is (wii) cough.   

Nintendo has already gotten the hang of HD gaming, that's why they have the absolute best looking games on any console right now. Running as 720 and 60 fps makes a game look better than 1080p and 30 fps. They also don't need to churn out subpar garbage either, they're doing a good job of building a solid library.
It only took a few good games to turn their fortunes around with the Game Boy, DS, and 3DS. You don't think MK8, Bayonetta, 2 types of Zelda games, Metroid, and possibly the biggest new JRPG constitutes a few good games?

As for the best lineup, lets compare 2014 and then a little of 2015.

2014: Bayonetta 2, X, Hyrule Warriors, and Smash.

That's a good spread. One killer app franchise, one  very hyped JRPG (possibly the first system mover for the Japanese market), the first new Zelda related game in a while, and a third party exclusive that has a cult following.

2015: Zelda U, Retro's Metroid, possibly a new IP from Miyamoto(?)

So Zelda U has been a big thing people have been clamoring for, and Metroid is believed to be back in Retro's hands, and a new Nintendo IP would adress a major complaint everyone has about Nintendo not creating new franchises.

What's more, the timing of these titles couldn't be more perfect, being in the wake Mario Kart 8's elevated sales and allieviation of the doom cloud right before E3. Everyone knows that all eyes are on Nintendo and short of Microsoft buying Nintendo nothing can steal the show from them. Nintendo will either have an amazing show or pull an Xbone and embarass themselves. I believe they'll deliver because if they don't, Nintendo is dead, period.

So tell me, which system currently has a lineup for 2014 that stacks up that well, and what is that lineup?

As for third parties, they will go anywhere and everywhere there is money to be made, that includes the Wii U if it proves it can maintain sales. Not every new game is some sort of graphical powerhouse that's far too advanced for Wii U to handle. It's the first volley after release, yes most games are going to be in a graphical dick waving contest and try to focus on power and realism.Once more stylized games begin to come out the Wii U hardware will be less of a hindrance to third party releases.

I don't understand why people are saying the PS4 has won this generation already? I mean the WiiU is just starting to roll out it's heavy hitters and both Sony and MS have yet to release any! I would say give it until next years E3 before we start making those types of predictions... by then there "should' be substantial 1st party games on all systems.

----------------------------

As far as multiplatform games pushing sales well I am pretty sure Watchdogs just proved that it can indeed move systems. We will probably see the same with Destiny as it has substantial hype following it.

End of year-
PS4 14.2
Wii U 8.9
X1- 7.9
Sony is going to just keep rolling. Mario Kart is going to have some legs, plus I'm sure Nintendo knows they have to put out some amazing content this fall to live. Xbox... Yeah... It will do good in the US, but it's not going to be able to take 2nd place. Not this year at any rate.

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.

Around the Network
Avro1958 said:
I don't understand why people are saying the PS4 has won this generation already? I mean the WiiU is just starting to roll out it's heavy hitters and both Sony and MS have yet to release any! I would say give it until next years E3 before we start making those types of predictions... by then there "should' be substantial 1st party games on all systems.

----------------------------

As far as multiplatform games pushing sales well I am pretty sure Watchdogs just proved that it can indeed move systems. We will probably see the same with Destiny as it has substantial hype following it.

sony cant lose against nintendo. nintendo is software focused, sony hardware. u buy nintendo games for the first party games and sony for the 3rd party games, the ps3 had problems when thse didnt looked better than on the xbox360, but that will not happen again, because the ps4 s much stronger than the xbone. so sony will take this market easyly, and its the bigger market.

Some people obviously gone delusional due to one decent week from Mario Kart, lol. 14 million Wii Us by year end ... hahahah, oh man.

Experimental42 said:
BeElite said:

Fact is its far easier to churn out ds 3ds games then wiiu games, ninty has shown struggle making hd games.  Reality is Kart is one a generation, no other game will bump U anywhere near that.  Ninty just fired its wmd and 2nd in sales for the week is all they got. 

Best line up of games, please stick to reality even if you may think so most will not.

3rd parties are never coming back, no matter what the u sales. They will never ever come no matter how badly U whoops the X1, casue the might PS4 will always be there to trump it.  And then the reality once agian kills your idea becasue its juts better business to make a PS4/X1/Pc game then a nintendo console game no matter how big its user base is (wii) cough.   

Nintendo has already gotten the hang of HD gaming, that's why they have the absolute best looking games on any console right now. Running as 720 and 60 fps makes a game look better than 1080p and 30 fps. They also don't need to churn out subpar garbage either, they're doing a good job of building a solid library.
It only took a few good games to turn their fortunes around with the Game Boy, DS, and 3DS. You don't think MK8, Bayonetta, 2 types of Zelda games, Metroid, and possibly the biggest new JRPG constitutes a few good games?

As for the best lineup, lets compare 2014 and then a little of 2015.

2014: Bayonetta 2, X, Hyrule Warriors, and Smash.

That's a good spread. One killer app franchise, one  very hyped JRPG (possibly the first system mover for the Japanese market), the first new Zelda related game in a while, and a third party exclusive that has a cult following.

2015: Zelda U, Retro's Metroid, possibly a new IP from Miyamoto(?)

So Zelda U has been a big thing people have been clamoring for, and Metroid is believed to be back in Retro's hands, and a new Nintendo IP would adress a major complaint everyone has about Nintendo not creating new franchises.

What's more, the timing of these titles couldn't be more perfect, being in the wake Mario Kart 8's elevated sales and allieviation of the doom cloud right before E3. Everyone knows that all eyes are on Nintendo and short of Microsoft buying Nintendo nothing can steal the show from them. Nintendo will either have an amazing show or pull an Xbone and embarass themselves. I believe they'll deliver because if they don't, Nintendo is dead, period.

So tell me, which system currently has a lineup for 2014 that stacks up that well, and what is that lineup?

As for third parties, they will go anywhere and everywhere there is money to be made, that includes the Wii U if it proves it can maintain sales. Not every new game is some sort of graphical powerhouse that's far too advanced for Wii U to handle. It's the first volley after release, yes most games are going to be in a graphical dick waving contest and try to focus on power and realism.Once more stylized games begin to come out the Wii U hardware will be less of a hindrance to third party releases.

you forgot to mentione a couple of games coming out this year for nintendo, 1) sonic: might not be a great exclusive that is as hyped as the other, but sonic has a fan base and they usually boost a bit of nintendo sales. 2) skylanders: might not be a exclusive but it moves better on nintendo systems and now with the nfc gamepad it will be almost focused on wii u, and the skylanders fanbase is quite big.  might not be the best games but are still 2 more games that will boost sales for the wiiu while more drought hits the other systems.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Experimental42 said:
Watch Dogs wasn't a port, it was a multiplat.

He was calling Destiny, CoD, AC etc. ports. I just re-used his language

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

If XB1 cannot pass WiiU by the end of 2014, it's in BIG trouble, otherwise will be fine, not very good, but just fine.

Playstation 5 vs XBox Series Market Share Estimates

Regional Analysis  (only MS and Sony Consoles)
Europe     => XB1 : 23-24 % vs PS4 : 76-77%
N. America => XB1 :  49-52% vs PS4 : 48-51%
Global     => XB1 :  32-34% vs PS4 : 66-68%

Sales Estimations for 8th Generation Consoles

Next Gen Consoles Impressions and Estimates