By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 & Wii U duking it out. End of 2K14 sales prediction Thread.

Kaizar said:

Predict both PS4 & Wii U sales for end of 2014 in any way, for example:

Wii U will be on top orPS4 will be on top.

Wii U = X million & PS4 = Y million

Xbox ONE, we hardly knew ye.

Anyways, you can also predict both 3DS & PS Vita.

What are you talking about? It's sold better than the Wii U every week except 2 since its launch. How is it more doomed than the Wii U?

PS4: 8.85

Wii U: 4.00

Xbone: 4.85

3DS: 5.35

Vita: 2.50

*in millions*

Around the Network
Shortiloe said:
COLD_COBRA_ said:
Shortiloe said:
To behonest, there aren't much heavy hits this year for PS4, only Destiny comes in my mind right now. The Order and so on are all delayed. Only Call of Duty maybe and the new Battlefield. But titles like Smash bros, X and Co can do the thing for Wii u, so I predict that Wii U will sell more THIS year. Don# forget, mario Kart 8 is out and will be a system seiller this christmas, too ! Not Numbers from me, sorry

You really believe Wii u will sell more than ps4? Really?

Yes, THIS year, maybe you overread that. Wii U will have heavy hitters this year, PS4 hitters are coming in 2015.

What makes you thing the PS4 will sell more THIS year? Huh? A Destiny? It will boost sales, sure, but that is all. Not as much as alle the games will do that are coming for wii U THIS year.

While I think WiiU will sell well this year I think you're not thinking this through! PS4 is already almost 3 million units ahead this year. Why can't we just be happy that WIiU sales are improving? We don't need it to outsell PS4

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Shortiloe said:
COLD_COBRA_ said:
Shortiloe said:
To behonest, there aren't much heavy hits this year for PS4, only Destiny comes in my mind right now. The Order and so on are all delayed. Only Call of Duty maybe and the new Battlefield. But titles like Smash bros, X and Co can do the thing for Wii u, so I predict that Wii U will sell more THIS year. Don# forget, mario Kart 8 is out and will be a system seiller this christmas, too ! Not Numbers from me, sorry

Yes, THIS year, maybe you overread that. Wii U will have heavy hitters this year, PS4 hitters are coming in 2015.

What makes you thing the PS4 will sell more THIS year? Huh? A Destiny? It will boost sales, sure, but that is all. Not as much as alle the games will do that are coming for wii U THIS year.

PS4 has many more games coming out this year than the Wii U and already has a big lead. If MK8 wasn't enough to boost Wii U sales above PS4 sales for even one week, you can be sure its not gonna happen this year.

Also WD wasn't even a PS4 exclusive while MK8 is probably the biggest exclusive that will ever come to the Wii U.

Shortiloe said:
COLD_COBRA_ said:
Shortiloe said:

What about Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, Assassin's Creed: Unity, Battlefield: Hardline, FIFA 2015? These are all games that will sell PS4 later in the year.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

BeElite said:

Fact is its far easier to churn out ds 3ds games then wiiu games, ninty has shown struggle making hd games.  Reality is Kart is one a generation, no other game will bump U anywhere near that.  Ninty just fired its wmd and 2nd in sales for the week is all they got. 

Best line up of games, please stick to reality even if you may think so most will not.

3rd parties are never coming back, no matter what the u sales. They will never ever come no matter how badly U whoops the X1, casue the might PS4 will always be there to trump it.  And then the reality once agian kills your idea becasue its juts better business to make a PS4/X1/Pc game then a nintendo console game no matter how big its user base is (wii) cough.   

Watch_Dogs was released on the 27th Mario Kart 8 on the 30th, how could WD (PS4) not outsell it?

Around the Network
TheLegendaryWolf said:
BeElite said:

Fact is its far easier to churn out ds 3ds games then wiiu games, ninty has shown struggle making hd games.  Reality is Kart is one a generation, no other game will bump U anywhere near that.  Ninty just fired its wmd and 2nd in sales for the week is all they got. 

Best line up of games, please stick to reality even if you may think so most will not.

3rd parties are never coming back, no matter what the u sales. They will never ever come no matter how badly U whoops the X1, casue the might PS4 will always be there to trump it.  And then the reality once agian kills your idea becasue its juts better business to make a PS4/X1/Pc game then a nintendo console game no matter how big its user base is (wii) cough.   

Watch_Dogs was released on the 27th Mario Kart 8 on the 30th, how could WD (PS4) not outsell it?

Come on, Watch_Dogs sales amazed even me and I'm a Nintendo fan! WiiU version is coming so we should be happy for it. 

Lots of games sold less than MK did in more time

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Ucell said:
Shortiloe said:
COLD_COBRA_ said:
Shortiloe said:

PS4 has many more games coming out this year than the Wii U and already has a big lead. If MK8 wasn't enough to boost Wii U sales above PS4 sales for even one week, you can be sure its not gonna happen this year.

Also WD wasn't even a PS4 exclusive while MK8 is probably the biggest exclusive that will ever come to the Wii U.

Sorry, bullshit.

Beside Mario Kart, Smash bros will be the biggest exclsuive, especially for hardcore gamers, this year. 

PS4 has many more games? And .. what beside Destiny? Yes: Ports, Ports, Ports. Metro Port, The Walking Dead-Port, The Last of Us-Port .. only ports. Just like the Wii U got at launch and later .. and people laughed about it. Sorry. I like the PS4, really, but stating sth better than it is fucks me up.

Shortiloe said:
Ucell said:

Sorry, bullshit.

Beside Mario Kart, Smash bros will be the biggest exclsuive, especially for hardcore gamers, this year. 

PS4 has many more games? And .. what beside Destiny? Yes: Ports, Ports, Ports. Metro Port, The Walking Dead-Port, The Last of Us-Port .. only ports. Just like the Wii U got at launch and later .. and people laughed about it. Sorry. I like the PS4, really, but stating sth better than it is fucks me up.

Watch Dogs was a port and is already the biggest selling game of the year and it boosted PS4 by over 80k!

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Watch Dogs wasn't a port, it was a multiplat.

PS4 = 12-15 million
wiiu = 8 million
xbox = 7 million