By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Fifa World Cup 2014: Winner?

Who will win the World Cup?

Brazil 71 29.71%

Italy 12 5.02%

Germany 39 16.32%

Uruguay 7 2.93%

Argentina 31 12.97%

England 11 4.60%

France 3 1.26%

Spain 28 11.72%

Other, please comment 37 15.48%

Total:239

Reus is confirmed out of the World Cup... So sad... He probably would've been one of the best attacking players of the tournament.
Even still, Germany looks ridiculous attack-wise. Hopefully Lahm plays in defence, as Boateng clearly cannot be relied on. Hummels can be brilliant, but also has those derp moments once in a while. Overall, the defence is kind of weak...
I'll be rooting for Germany! I just hope they don't try to play the boring tiki-taka Guardiola has introduced in Bayern...

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Stefan.De.Machtige said:

I'm going to have to be more nationalistic then realistic here and say Belgium.

It's not that unrealistic, with the current Belgium side it is probably the best chance they've ever had at winning it.

Think they will stop at the quarter finals. Belgium's team is no near a team able to win the whole thing.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1# Official Playstation Vita Thread! Come in and join!!!

BraLoD said:
Seems like Brazil is the clear favorite around here.
But that will be really hard.

Well at least they have home country advantage.  Even if they don't win it all they should do very good.  Plus there should be a metal spike for Brazil in the Summer Olympics in two years.

BraLoD said:
Chris Hu said:
BraLoD said:
Seems like Brazil is the clear favorite around here.
But that will be really hard.

Well at least they have home country advantage.  Even if they don't win it all they should do very good.  Plus there should be a metal spike for Brazil in the Summer Olympics in two years.

Sorry, I'm not familiar with this sentence, what does that mean? That the world cup will be like a base to the olympics?

Usually there is a metal spike for the host country  like it was for Russia in this years Winter Olymics and the UK in the 2012 Summer Olymics.  Not sure that it will be a huge spike over the 17 won by Brazilian athletes in the 2012 games but at least 5 more is probably more then doable.

Germany.

Around the Network

Well that is probably true but there is always a lot of corruption surronding all big time internation sporting events no matter where they are held.  Still glad that South America finally got the Summer Olympics since Buneos Aires got snubbed more then a couple of times.

The 2022 World Cup in Qatar will be the most expensive sporting event of the first half of this century (estimated final cost is $220 billion) they are already way over budget and are planning to have less venues 8 or 9 instead of the orginal 12 and smaller venues and they really haven't started any of the construction yet.

Uruguay of course!!

Ka-pi96 said:
Chris Hu said:

The 2022 World Cup in Qatar will be the most expensive sporting event of the first half of this century (estimated final cost is $220 billion) they are already way over budget and are planning to have less venues 8 or 9 instead of the orginal 12 and smaller venues and they really haven't started any of the construction yet.

Yeah but, Qatar can easily affford it...

True but so far its a disaster its still not certain that it actually take place there they might change venues in hindsight they should have given it to the USA again. The USA already has more then enough venues that are up to par and the climate would not be a issue either. 

Tomorrow we got a re-run of the final fight. Good luck Oranje, success la Roja.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"