By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Fifa World Cup 2014: Winner?

Who will win the World Cup?

Brazil 71 29.71%

Italy 12 5.02%

Germany 39 16.32%

Uruguay 7 2.93%

Argentina 31 12.97%

England 11 4.60%

France 3 1.26%

Spain 28 11.72%

Other, please comment 37 15.48%

Total:239

So we are just a week from the 2014 Fifa World Cup Brazil, and I ask you football lovers, who do you think that will win this time?
You can choose your favourite of the 32 teams that will be here to try the world cup, let's see who is VGC favourite team.

Poll only contains the actual winners of previous world cups because the poll limit, so please comment here if you think some other team will win.
Here is a selection of all 32 teams, including the 8 champions to help you:

Brazil

Croatia

Mexico

Cameroon

Spain

Netherlands

Chile

Australia

Colombia

Greece

Côte d'Ivoire

Japan

Uruguay

Costa Rica

England

Italy

Switzerland

Ecuador

France

Honduras

Argentina

Bosnia and Herzegovina

Iran

Nigeria

Germany

Portugal

Ghana

United States of America

Belgium

Algeria

Russia

Republic of Korea

Around the Network

Brasil could win as they play at home. Though I would prefer Portugal obviously, but it will be very hard, the other teams also want to win!

brazil or argentina

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

I think Argentina or Brazil will win it.

Argentina or Brazil

Around the Network

Brazil is overrated.
My guess would be argentina or spain.
I would say portugal but ronaldo isn't playing.

I predicted Netherlands (because they have to win it someday!) but Brasil seems like the safer choice. Not sure a host has had this much pressure for a while to win, even Italy '90, France '98 and Germany '06 do not think it was the expectation like this year.

Brazil. Home advantage and they have a very solid team.

DeadBigfoot21 said:
Brazil is overrated.
My guess would be argentina or spain.
I would say portugal but ronaldo isn't playing.

Really? Why isn't he playing?

Augen said:
I predicted Netherlands (because they have to win it someday!) but Brasil seems like the safer choice. Not sure a host has had this much pressure for a while to win, even Italy '90, France '98 and Germany '06 do not think it was the expectation like this year.

Exactly, it's win or win to Brazil, that will for sure play against the team, but the team know how to handle it, and can turn it into a advantage just like the Confederations Cup last year, but this will be a amazing world cup.