By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Assuming it releases, could Watch Dogs U do well enough to begin establishing a base on the Wii U?

Tagged games:

What do you think?

Pfft, it's totally canceled. 17 11.56%

It'll release, but it'l... 32 21.77%

Yeah, Ubisoft might have ... 35 23.81%

It'll do okay, might eve... 20 13.61%

It'll establish a small ... 26 17.69%

Wii U! How U will play next! :B 10 6.80%

How the heck should I know?! (See results) 6 4.08%

Total:146
RolStoppable said:

The Wii U version (if it doesn't get cancelled) will be $60 and offer nothing significant. Apparently the hacking in Watch Dogs is so simplified that the Gamepad can't offer anything good.

I agree with this tbh, the game will almost certainly be full price despite coming out half a year later, what won't help sales is that Smash will be around the corner at that point. 

Around the Network

Nope! Only 3 or 4 WiiU owners will still care by the time the WiiU version comes out!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

hahaha no, it's the last Watch Dogs game on the system, the next one is probably gonna be PS4 Xbone PC only. Wii U version will probably sell much worse than the PS360 versions which only account to 1/4th of total sales. So unfortunately, its not gonna be worth it for Ubisoft. And as a matter of fact, its good news for me, as much as I hate to say it.

HylianSwordsman said:

5. The game already has 30k preorders in the US alone, and the PC version debuted at 40k in the US. Given time for this to build, I could see preorders being 50k for US alone. Worldwide, it should stand a chance to do better than the PC version, and might approach last gen versions.

PC version sold 400k week 1.

It'll be too little, too late for this one i'm afraid. It's a shame really because with the right games people seem to really jump on to this system.

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Around the Network

No. It won't sell well for all the obvious reasons, and even if it managed to do good numbers against all the odds, games nowadays take multiple years to make, so it's unlikely for publishers to significantly shift support to or from a system in the middle of a generation. They largely decide what horses they're betting on before the generation even starts. Third parties weren't really on board with the Wii U before it launched, and to the extent that they were its abysmal first year caused them to write it off. It will probably continue to get the broadly targeted Just Dance, COD, and Skylanders type games, but that's about it.

Barozi said:
HylianSwordsman said:

5. The game already has 30k preorders in the US alone, and the PC version debuted at 40k in the US. Given time for this to build, I could see preorders being 50k for US alone. Worldwide, it should stand a chance to do better than the PC version, and might approach last gen versions.

Interesting. Is that worldwide? Do you have a source? I believe you, I just want to see.

For it to even do respectable numbers, they'd have to make the game pad a big part of the hacking, and make it fun as hell to use it.

Hacking is already less effective than running around clubbing the retarded AIs like retarded baby seals, so I don't see it happening.

HylianSwordsman said:
Barozi said:
HylianSwordsman said:

Interesting. Is that worldwide? Do you have a source? I believe you, I just want to see.

Worldwide yes. Based on a guy who was placed at spot ~400k on the leaderboards at the end of the first week.
AFAIK there is no working crack that would let you use online features.

http://translate.google.com/translate?depth=1&hl=sk&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=sk&tl=en&u=http://www.centrumher.eu/watch-dogs-predal-na-pc-viac-ako-400-tisic-kopii-za-4-dni/&sandbox=0&usg=ALkJrhiPcP9eLdB-8oneOLQ9j3ckTwUVvA

Barozi said:

Worldwide yes. Based on a guy who was placed at spot ~400k on the leaderboards at the end of the first week.
AFAIK there is no working crack that would let you use online features.

http://translate.google.com/translate?depth=1&hl=sk&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=sk&tl=en&u=http://www.centrumher.eu/watch-dogs-predal-na-pc-viac-ako-400-tisic-kopii-za-4-dni/&sandbox=0&usg=ALkJrhiPcP9eLdB-8oneOLQ9j3ckTwUVvA

Wow, interesting. I should have thought of ranking statistics.