By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Up! 31st May 2014

bananaking21 said:
XB1 cant be true. im calling undertracked.

nah....... MS went with the worse time to announce a price cut, very poor timing. The biggest 3rd part game was launching 2 week after the xb1  price announcement and ms was not smart enought to know they should have waited until after watch dogs dropped.

No one is going to buy an xb1 until the price cut. After the price cut i expect wd sales to increase big time on the xb1.

Around the Network

Good to see the titanfalls effect still going strong, just as guaranteed by many.

I notice that Mind=0 was tracked in the USA too. What VGC does and doesn't choose to track is so random.

I suspect overtracked though. Demon Gaze sold 6k first month NPD. No way Mind=0 sold 10k first week.

Dadrik said:
Raziel123 said:
So i assume this means the PS4 has definitely surpassed 8 million by now? 2 more weeks and it goes past Vita i guess

It definitely did. But I think the PS4 numbers will slow down this year, since there aren't really big exclusives realinsing this year...

Except if the 3rd parties manage to sell consoles.

It wont, teher are a lot of people still on the PS3/360 that will hop on to this gen for COD, BF and destiny. Especially around that xmas period when they stand a chance of getting the new consoles as presents. 

That aside, I don't know if sony/MS can do it, but if they can convince avtivition to delay COD till january for last gen consoles that would do wonders to the nuumbers for PS4/XBO this year. If.

sully1311 said:
Europe

PS4 76,845
X1: 12,270

6:1 ratio. X1 needs price drop + countries + gobsmacking e3 fast.

Europe is a lost cause for Microsoft. Seriously, you can get the Titanfall bundle for 396 € (cheapest I have seen so far) and it's still not selling at all. The 399 € kinectless Xbox will do close to nothing around here. And I'm also pretty sure the price will go down to 350 € quite fast, because it will continue to not sell. Meanwhile, the PS4 is STILL sold out most of the time, even if you can only get the 529 € Killzone Bundle. 

Kind of anecdotal evidence, but the numbers do prove my point somewhat. I think Microsoft should just concentrate on the US. Fighting for europe is about as good as fighting for japan.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Around the Network

Congrats to Nintendo on a great week. And holy shit at PS4! Now that's how's it done with a system seller. Watch Dogs did amazing!

Also, big kudos to the site for finally adjusting X1 numbers. For those who don't believe the % gains for PS4 and X1, remember last gen when CoD gave 360 a bigger gain than PS3? Well this is the same type of situation. CoD use to give Sony a 25% increase and MS a 60 to 70% one at launch.
As the song goes from Sony's 2013 E3 conference...."Welcome to the new age" :)

Watch_Dogs numbers on Gen 8 are insane when you consider the size of the userbase, with it being a new IP.

Outstanding.

Hopefully this pushes even more devs into releasing games during the Summer. The Last of Us did reaaaally well in 2013 and Watch_Dogs just amazed everyone in 2014.

What will 2015's Summer blockbuster be?!

Kresnik said:
Respect WiiU. Good numbers. Hold them now.

Shame Watch Dogs PS4 didn't top 1m in USA alone, but close :P

However, NPD.

Depends on wat you mean on hold, most of the wiiu sold were probably bundles. I expect ,80-90k next week

OdinHades said:
sully1311 said:
Europe

PS4 76,845
X1: 12,270

6:1 ratio. X1 needs price drop + countries + gobsmacking e3 fast.

Europe is a lost cause for Microsoft. Seriously, you can get the Titanfall bundle for 396 € (cheapest I have seen so far) and it's still not selling at all. The 399 € kinectless Xbox will do close to nothing around here. And I'm also pretty sure the price will go down to 350 € quite fast, because it will continue to not sell. Meanwhile, the PS4 is STILL sold out most of the time, even if you can only get the 529 € Killzone Bundle. 

Kind of anecdotal evidence, but the numbers do prove my point somewhat. I think Microsoft should just concentrate on the US. Fighting for europe is about as good as fighting for japan.

Yep, I too have seen the kinect version cheaper than what the kinect less version will be. As I said before it would do v.good in the US but Europe will keep the PS4 far ahead regardless. 

Nice boost, hopefully Nintendo will maintain the hype come next week with E3 !