By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Up! 31st May 2014

edit: nevermind, my mistake! i'll do the math later 

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
Watch_Dogs numbers on Gen 8 are insane when you consider the size of the userbase, with it being a new IP.

Outstanding.

Hopefully this pushes even more devs into releasing games during the Summer. The Last of Us did reaaaally well in 2013 and Watch_Dogs just amazed everyone in 2014.

What will 2015's Summer blockbuster be?!

However something tells me that Watchdogs2 will be a November release. Maybe that will mean juggling AC around a bit but I think even UbiSoft wasn't expecting this response. "If it can do so well in summer just imagine what it will in the fall" is probably going through the mind of Yes Guillemot as we speak.

Even though the Wii U didn't out sell Ps4, it is still very respectable.

However, I hope 3ds and Xone pick up soon. Disappointing numbers from those two.

About MK8 LTD being 1.2 mentioned by Polygon, where they expecting Nintendo to release MK8 as a promotional game that would be sold just for one weekend?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Those heavily discounted WiiU + Mario Kart 8 bundles sure helped the Wii U a lot.

Around the Network

WD PS4 1,000,000 only in USA. O_O

Ok now for real, NPD would be like this with Vgchartz numbers:

PS4: 250k
Wii U: 167k
XB1: 140k

PS4 still ahead and a PS4 game still at first. This time they are just beasting.

Good Wii U and PS4 #s.

bananaking21 said:
sully1311 said:
bananaking21 said:
XB1 cant be true. im calling undertracked.

Why? Wouldn't you wait 2 weeks to get $100 off if you didn't want Kinect?

correct me if i am wrong, but marketing for the 399$ console hasnt started yet, right? 

It has, i got an e-mail from Best Buy about it about 2 weeks ago advertising it, and they've been advertising it on Amazon.