By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - E3 Strong Rumor - God Of War 4 Plot Will Show Kratos Fighting Egyptian Gods

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!! Please make it so! Destroy them all Kratos!

Around the Network

Please be true, please be true, please be true.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

eFKac said:
Please be true, please be true, please be true.

the article has the source as the SSM tweet, which is most likely about GoW:A PS4 port. dont hold your breath. 

Stefan.De.Machtige said:
The problem with the Egyptian old gods is that they are not known to the general public like most of the Greek gods were.
That's the problem for GOW. It already used the most known (and exploitable) pantheon of Gods the west has.

That's why they have to go Norse where the gods there are still well known. Odin, Loki, Thor being the most popular. But Odin is known as the God of War in Norse Mythology so that'd be kool if Kratos fought him.

think-man said:
Stefan.De.Machtige said:
The problem with the Egyptian old gods is that they are not known to the general public like most of the Greek gods were.
That's the problem for GOW. It already used the most known (and exploitable) pantheon of Gods the west has.

That's why they have to go Norse where the gods there are still well known. Odin, Loki, Thor being the most popular. But Odin is known as the God of War in Norse Mythology so that'd be kool if Kratos fought him.

Norse is a bit better, but still it might only be known to people because of Marval. I'm not sure if that's enough. GOW might come over as some Marval/Thor spinoff of sorts to the general audience.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Around the Network

God Of War: Ascension hinted at a sequel based on Egyptian mythology. So this is possible.

I don't see how this is a strong rumor based on the article... (which doesn't display the SSM tweet for me)

I'm in no way expecting God of War 4 this E3, God of War Ascension Remaster is more likely.

I hope not if they want to talk about Egyptian mythology they better make a new IP

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Kratos is dead (spoiler ALERT!). The ending of GoWIII loses so much poignancy if he comes back to life to seek vengeance (for what?) on the Egyptian gods?

I want more H'nS goodness from SSM but I feel like it's time to let some other character take up the bloody mantle.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

If you ask me it would be time that Kratos is going to finish Jezus/Allah/Buddha etc Now that would be an amazing game!