By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - E3 Strong Rumor - God Of War 4 Plot Will Show Kratos Fighting Egyptian Gods

GamechaserBE said:
If you ask me it would be time that Kratos is going to finish Jezus/Allah/Buddha etc Now that would be an amazing game!

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Around the Network

I don't want Kratos anymore. His story has been well played out and now needs to be left alone. Besides everyone he loved was killed because of (himself) Ares so what would he have against those other gods? Also how could they have existed in the same world as the greek ones and no one noticed?

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Aside from that hoping for norse as I would like the change in scenery and the opportunity to handle more interesting boss battles imo (THOR vs. ? on PS4!!!!!!!!!)

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Bayonetta's EPIC BOSS FIGHTS:

God of War 3 infinitely inferior, small scale boss:

platformmaster918 said:
I don't want Kratos anymore. His story has been well played out and now needs to be left alone. Besides everyone he loved was killed because of (himself) Ares so what would he have against those other gods? Also how could they have existed in the same world as the greek ones and no one noticed?

^ Exactly what this man is saying. Kratos had a good run already. He was cool even in Ascension, but that's it.

Franchise needs a new character.

Around the Network

You know what I'm hoping the GoW series eventually morphs into?
This:

Let no gods, old or new, be safe.

GamechaserBE said:
If you ask me it would be time that Kratos is going to finish Jezus/Allah/Buddha etc Now that would be an amazing game!

But Kratos IS Jesus, or the incarnation of the wrath of Jesus. Kratos kills all (mostly) of the Greek Pantheon. The religion of Greece is Christianity, Christianity killed off Greek polytheism. Kratos sacrificed himself to let the noble elements of pandora's box diffuse through the world. Jesus sacrificed himself so that the world might be saved from sin.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Needs to happen.

spemanig said:
Ucell said:
spemanig said:
It would be the first PS4 game I'd actually be legitimately interested in. Good thing I'll have Bayonetta 2 to satisfy me instead.

Bayonetta doesn't come close to God Of War in terms of combat, story, graphics and sense of scale. Good thing I would have the real deal instead.

Bayonetta is infinitely better than GoW in literally every way that actually matters in an action game lmao. Combat is better, and the sense of scale is was better. Plus it actually takes thought to play through Bayonetta. Story means nothing in an action game, and Bayontta's graphics are more than good enough. Nothing against GoW, but it's definitely no Bayonetta.

lol no, proof opinions can be wrong.

Bayonetta's combat has more depth but that doesn't make it better or more thoughtful, I button mashed the entire game as there was no point in memorising combos, GoW's combat is infinitely more satisfying.

God of War has an infinitely better sense of scale.

God of War has an infinitely better story.

Kratos is infinitely better than Bayonetta.

God of War 3/A look infinitely better than Bayonetta.

God of War has infinitely better level design.

God of War's OST is infinitely better than Bayonetta's.

God of War is infinitely better than Bayonetta.

:)

Stefan.De.Machtige said:
think-man said:
Stefan.De.Machtige said:
The problem with the Egyptian old gods is that they are not known to the general public like most of the Greek gods were.
That's the problem for GOW. It already used the most known (and exploitable) pantheon of Gods the west has.

That's why they have to go Norse where the gods there are still well known. Odin, Loki, Thor being the most popular. But Odin is known as the God of War in Norse Mythology so that'd be kool if Kratos fought him.

Norse is a bit better, but still it might only be known to people because of Marval. I'm not sure if that's enough. GOW might come over as some Marval/Thor spinoff of sorts to the general audience.

Best sales in the series?  

Can't wait to see some footage come E3.