By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo E3 Schedule! SSB and Unannounced 3DS Title + Treehouse: Live! Also SSB Tourny + 4 Extra Announcements After Digital Event? Miyamoto To Reveal..

HYYYPE!!!

Honestly I am a little worried about it being over 3 days. I dont want the streams to be bloated with pointless stuff like Iwata doing the 'please understand' dance for a few hours.

I dont mind some over the top jokes like that Regginator returns or something but hopefully not in excess.

Still... HYYYYPPPEE!!!

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

Around the Network

Why does everyone keep saying that Zelda U has been announced?

Literally all they've said is that it's being worked on. That's literally it. That's not an announcement.

"We considered showing where we are with Zelda on the Wii U"
"I thought about bringing Zelda U to Comicon but didn't"
"Expect to see something on Zelda U at E3 2014"

Those are not announcements. Those are 'we are working on something that has the 'Zelda' name attached to it' statements. For all we know it could be a Pokémon Snap style game set in Hyrule where you have to take photos of Bokoblins to imprison their soul, saving the Kokiri from an artificial drought of Namco Mario Kart Arcade Machines.

Zelda U has not been announced. FYI, that's WHY we refer to it as Zelda U, instead of Shard of Nightmare, or Kittycakes Adventure, or Twilight Princess 2: Twi Harder, extra gritty and mature edition...
...Sorry, that turned into a rant.

ToxicJosh said:
Why does everyone keep saying that Zelda U has been announced?

Because we all want it. We need it. And quite honestly, I think most of us expect it to be revealed at E3. If no word is said about the game next week I'm going to be disappointed.

We all expect it TO BE announced. They've told us to expect to see it this E3 several times.

But I've seen more than a few people say that it has ALREADY BEEN announced. Which it hasn't.

ToxicJosh said:
We all expect it TO BE announced. They've told us to expect to see it this E3 several times.

But I've seen more than a few people say that it has ALREADY BEEN announced. Which it hasn't.

It has already been announced to be announced.

No exact details of the game have been announced but we know it does exist.

I guess it just depends what your definition of 'announced' means.

Around the Network

It hasn't been "announced to be announced" either. Several times in the past people have said to expect it this year, but they've never, NEVER, said "The new Zelda on the Wii U will be announced at E3 2014".

THAT would be an announcement of an announcement.

We're going off winks and nudges and there is a distinct possibility that we will once again be trolled by Nintendo.

BESIDES WHICH, an announcement of an announcement is not, in itself, an announcement of the thing that is to be announced. Merely an announcement that there will be something announced.

"Tomorrow I will announce what I plan to make for dinner"

See, That's not an announcement of my dinner is it? And more to the point, we've not had anything like that from Nintendo referring to Zelda U.

Referring to Zelda U as 'announced' is incorrect, we are aware it's being worked on, because of course it's being worked on. We can probably say with some certainty that a next Mario is being worked on, doesn't mean its announced.

I remember last E3 Iwata said they wanted to show Zelda but unfortunately they did not have enough footage.
So no, while it has not been technically announced there is a 99.9% chance it will be shown at this E3.

Maraccuda said:
I remember last E3 Iwata said they wanted to show Zelda but unfortunately they did not have enough footage.
So no, while it has not been technically announced there is a 99.9% chance it will be shown at this E3.

Nintendo will show Zelda U, because Iwata knows that someone will hunt him down if Zelda U doesn't get shown!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

AZWification said:
Maraccuda said:

Nintendo will show Zelda U, because Iwata knows that someone will hunt him down if Zelda U doesn't get shown!

Can we form an angry mob? I should still have some pitchforks and such from the last election.

I kid, I kid... mostly.

Maraccuda said:

Can we form an angry mob? I should still have some pitchforks and such from the last election.

I kid, I kid... mostly.

Oh yeah. Iwata's body better be ready!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---