By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Watch_Dogs sold over 4 millions units during its first week

Actually wonder if ioi is going to change his preliminary numbers after this news, I think he said that he had WD at 2.5mil for its first week.

Around the Network
Richard_Feynman said:
Planetaryseizure said:

Wii U has nothing to do with this discussion. This is to do with this year. Wii U games have NEVER sold well

Yes it does. It's called a comparison. The comparsion shows that game drought + good games does not always equal good sales. Do some research on the bolded, because it is wrong. Some  have actually sold very well. Also, glad that you addressed my point about Infamous, which I'm pretty sure came out this year. 

NightDragon83 said:
Coulda been 4.01m week 1 had the Wii U version launched simultaneously with the rest.

See what I did there?

thats hilarious

naruball said:
Richard_Feynman said:
Planetaryseizure said:

Wii U has nothing to do with this discussion. This is to do with this year. Wii U games have NEVER sold well

Yes it does. It's called a comparison. The comparsion shows that game drought + good games does not always equal good sales. Do some research on the bolded, because it is wrong. Some  have actually sold very well. Also, glad that you addressed my point about Infamous, which I'm pretty sure came out this year. 

Learn to read. MID 2014. You trying to get me banned by acting like a *&*^# ?

Best selling Wii U games: Nintendo, Nintendo, Nintendo,... No 3rd parties AT ALL on this list http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_Wii_U_video_games .

Wolfenstein sold 330k on PS4 alone this week. You are dead wrong.

About everything.

Wii U has nothing to do with this discussion. Learn how an argument works. I made a statement. You argued against it. I excluded Wii U from my statement explicitly because my statement DOESN'T APPLY to Wii U. Now you attempt to use Wii U facts as an argument.

Nonsensical. All of it.

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

BenVTrigger said:
outlawauron said:
BenVTrigger

This is not shipped. Theyve already cleared 6 million shipped

Then they would have announced meeting their FY expectations with their FW shipment. Your assuming on zero actual information.

Your right a spread sheet of every copy sold at every store is zero info sorry I forgot

I don't doubt the data you see, Ben, but I am finding it very questionable that Yves Guillemot announces a lifetime/fiscal year (?) target of 6.3 million on a company call less than 2 weeks before the game's release, yet they are suddenly prepared to ship that full 6 million within the game's first week in stores? I mean, Yves is in charge of the business, he must know what he's talking about and it seems wacky to ready full lifetime expectation before the game's had a day on shelves.

I mean, I could see shipping 4 million and having fantastic sell-through.

Around the Network
NightDragon83 said:
Coulda been 4.01m week 1 had the Wii U version launched simultaneously with the rest.

See what I did there?

Yeah. You implied that the WiiU could have somehow sold 10k copies of a game. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

BenVTrigger said:
outlawauron said:
BenVTrigger

Then they would have announced meeting their FY expectations with their FW shipment. Your assuming on zero actual information.

Your right a spread sheet of every copy sold at every store is zero info sorry I forgot

Not sure how that info is helpful for determining Ubisoft's shipments.

Even if you had access to entirely correct sales for numbers for all platforms from all ~6,700 stores in the US, it still would be one chain in the entire world. Considering GameStop will get the most copies of a game FW (as noted by their FW marketshare of sales in financials), you can't really extrapolate it.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

bananaking21 said:
outlawauron said:

i dont understand whats the problem here, they state sell-through right there in the first sentance, which means sold to consumers. its right there, this is sold and not shipped. 

Sold through is intentionally vague. Publishers sell things to retailers, not to you. Retailers are their consumers. Once it's shippped to a store, it's a sold copy as far as their concern (unless there is a explicit contract regarding unsold stock made beforehand, that wouldn't be the case for a huge game like watch_dogs).

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

naruball said:
Richard_Feynman said:
Planetaryseizure said:

Not that inFamous had anything to do with my statement, but it will reach at least 2M sales, probably much more. Sold a million in a week. You're just all over the place.

outlawauron said:
BenVTrigger said:
outlawauron said:
BenVTrigger

Not sure how that info is helpful for determining Ubisoft's shipments.

Just extrapolating data. The 6 mil could be off and its my own personel estimate. Could be 5 million potentially but they would be cutting it close. But its certainly possible its less than 6.