By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Watch_Dogs sold over 4 millions units during its first week

Kane1389 said:
QuintonMcLeod said:
Kane1389 said:
QuintonMcLeod said:
Kane1389 said:

You have absolutely no idea how this industry works in the slightest. 

Please educate me.

You see, when a company executive says 'sold' they mean shipped to retailers. When they said sold to customers, they mean sold to customers. It's really not that hard

Except when the numbers are showing that Nintendo really means sold to customers.

I knew I should've bought some knee-high boots....

What numbers? Companies always mean sold to retailers, unless they specify otherwise (like Sony did in NA, EU launch)

Are you trolling me?

The mediacreate, famitsu and Dengenki weekly Japanese sales are already available and it only accounts for 2 days of sales and not 3:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=184305&page=1

Then VGchartz has Mario Kart 8 tracked at over 480k for the US alone and an additional 300k for the UK, its safe to say Nintendo meant "sold" and not shipped. Do some research. 

Thats lovely, but my point was you twisting companies words when it comes to shipping or selling, more specifically PS4 launch numbers

No. I don't think that was your point.

As a matter of fact, I think you're a bit confused - as I've been saying "Nintendo meant sold and not shipped" since the beginning.

Around the Network
QuintonMcLeod said:

Are you trolling me?

The mediacreate, famitsu and Dengenki weekly Japanese sales are already available and it only accounts for 2 days of sales and not 3:

Then VGchartz has Mario Kart 8 tracked at over 480k for the US alone and an additional 300k for the UK, its safe to say Nintendo meant "sold" and not shipped. Do some research. 

People not agreeing with you does not mean they're trolling. We have no confirmation if the numbers were sold. So far companies have used shipped numbers more often. By looking at the bolded part, it seems you agree that the Sold is assuming on part of those hoping the numbers are as such.

bubblegamer said:
QuintonMcLeod said:

Are you trolling me?

People not agreeing with you does not mean they're trolling. We have no confirmation if the numbers were sold. So far companies have used shipped numbers more often. By looking at the bolded part, it seems you agree that the Sold is assuming on part of those hoping the numbers are as such.

But the numbers have been confirmed everywhere except in the US from the NPD. Did you read the thread I linked?