By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Watch_Dogs sold over 4 millions units during its first week

biglittlesps said:
DolPhanTendo said:
I didn't really put into perspective but 4 Million copies sold on a total of around 180 million console s in homes acrossed the world ( 85+. PS3, 85+. 0, 7+ PS4 4+ XOne) isn't that impressive. Dont know why people get all hyped about it. Would like to see this gens numbers to last gens funny how those aren't up. MK8 1.2 Million 6 million consoles argument done.

So far we know (based on released sales for UK, WD bundles and Multiplatform games sales in PS4) that PS4 which has 8 million base has sold approx 1.5 - 2 million which is abot  40% of sales so we can consider WD did better/equal in PS4 than MK8 for Wii U. And you should not forget that WD is new IP with criticism of downgrade before release and MK8 is established and popular high selling game.

Yes that is impressive and I do like the game concept just do not like Ubisoft and their lies on how they support Nintendo, which they don't. Plus 1.2 million  MK8 sales are 3 days less on the market.  

Around the Network
DolPhanTendo said:
biglittlesps said:
DolPhanTendo said:
I didn't really put into perspective but 4 Million copies sold on a total of around 180 million console s in homes acrossed the world ( 85+. PS3, 85+. 0, 7+ PS4 4+ XOne) isn't that impressive. Dont know why people get all hyped about it. Would like to see this gens numbers to last gens funny how those aren't up. MK8 1.2 Million 6 million consoles argument done.

So far we know (based on released sales for UK, WD bundles and Multiplatform games sales in PS4) that PS4 which has 8 million base has sold approx 1.5 - 2 million which is abot  40% of sales so we can consider WD did better/equal in PS4 than MK8 for Wii U. And you should not forget that WD is new IP with criticism of downgrade before release and MK8 is established and popular high selling game.

Yes that is impressive and I do like the game concept just do not like Ubisoft and their lies on how they support Nintendo, which they don't. Plus 1.2 million  MK8 sales are 3 days less on the market.  

So you posted that just because you don't like Ubisoft? The only third party supporting you well is Ubisoft, your mindset will drive even that away.

Not that this thread has anything to do with your feelings about Ubisoft.

Ucell said:
outlawauron said:
Ucell said:

So if Watch Dogs has sold 4 million to retailers and not to consumers, do you believe the same is true for MK8's 1.2 million unit sales? I'd like to believe you do.

I believe they're absolutely the same. There are very instances where shipped numbers can be equated to sold, and that's for sellouts (PS4 at launch and a few after and the Wii in its first few years, etc).

So you do believe both figures are shipped not sold? Good to know. But your'e wrong on both.

Read this again: http://press.nintendo.com/articles.jsp?id=41679

Nintendo didn't even try to confuse people, it's based entirely on their internal figures (ie. their sales which are number of copies purchased by retailers).

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

bananaking21 said:
Shinobi-san said:

lol wow. We in for some interesting numbers then.

Btw when does the X1 pricecut come into effect in the states? And when will that reflect in the numbers...

i think 6th jun, so in 2 days. i think. 

9th June, so won't show up here for a couple of weeks.

Impressive figures. Maybe have to buy this game,

Around the Network
QuintonMcLeod said:
Kane1389 said:
QuintonMcLeod said:
DerNebel said:
QuintonMcLeod said:
DerNebel said:

Man you don't need to get offended here, I'm just trying to explain that these things are worded like that for a reason.

I'm not insulted. You just assume Nintendo engages in double talk when they've been known to mean what they say. When they talk about sales, they very rarely ever mean "shipped" numbers. 

That is absolutely not true. When they talk about sales they almost always talk about shipped.

But wouldn't you agree that Nintendo hardly ever releases sales numbers? They aren't the sort of company that does so just to pat themselves on the back over double talk. Nintendo, afterall, is a very proud traditional Japanese company.

You have absolutely no idea how this industry works in the slightest. 

Please educate me.

You see, when a company executive says 'sold' they mean shipped to retailers. When they said sold to customers, they mean sold to customers. It's really not that hard

Kane1389 said:
QuintonMcLeod said:
Kane1389 said:
QuintonMcLeod said:
DerNebel said:
QuintonMcLeod said:
DerNebel said:

Man you don't need to get offended here, I'm just trying to explain that these things are worded like that for a reason.

I'm not insulted. You just assume Nintendo engages in double talk when they've been known to mean what they say. When they talk about sales, they very rarely ever mean "shipped" numbers. 

That is absolutely not true. When they talk about sales they almost always talk about shipped.

But wouldn't you agree that Nintendo hardly ever releases sales numbers? They aren't the sort of company that does so just to pat themselves on the back over double talk. Nintendo, afterall, is a very proud traditional Japanese company.

Please educate me.

You see, when a company executive says 'sold' they mean shipped to retailers. When they said sold to customers, they mean sold to customers. It's really not that hard

Except when the numbers are showing that Nintendo really means sold to customers.

I knew I should've bought some knee-high boots....

QuintonMcLeod said:
Kane1389 said:

Please educate me.

Except when the numbers are showing that Nintendo really means sold to customers.

What numbers? Companies always mean sold to retailers, unless they specify otherwise (like Sony did in NA, EU launch)

Kane1389 said:
QuintonMcLeod said:
Kane1389 said:

Please educate me.

What numbers? Companies always mean sold to retailers, unless they specify otherwise (like Sony did in NA, EU launch)

Are you trolling me?

The mediacreate, famitsu and Dengenki weekly Japanese sales are already available and it only accounts for 2 days of sales and not 3:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=184305&page=1

Then VGchartz has Mario Kart 8 tracked at over 480k for the US alone and an additional 300k for the UK, its safe to say Nintendo meant "sold" and not shipped. Do some research. 

QuintonMcLeod said:
Kane1389 said:
QuintonMcLeod said:
Kane1389 said:

Please educate me.

Are you trolling me?

The mediacreate, famitsu and Dengenki weekly Japanese sales are already available and it only accounts for 2 days of sales and not 3:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=184305&page=1

Then VGchartz has Mario Kart 8 tracked at over 480k for the US alone and an additional 300k for the UK, its safe to say Nintendo meant "sold" and not shipped. Do some research. 

Thats lovely, but my point was you twisting companies words when it comes to shipping or selling, more specifically PS4 launch numbers