By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Watch_Dogs sold over 4 millions units during its first week

tbone51 said:

Is this shipped+digital?

Yes it is and it always will be unless a publishers is citing a tracking service.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

This is impossible. The internet told me that the hype for Watchdogs was over when it got delayed from being a next gen launch title. It then went to junk status when claims that it didn't look as good as when it debuted two years ago surfaced. The internet is the barometer for all gamers, so how is this game selling so much? TELL MEE!!!

I am the Playstation Avenger.

QuintonMcLeod said:
DerNebel said:

There's a difference between sold and sold through

When a company says "sold", then you should take that as shipped to retailers (cause that is sold for them) unless they specify otherwise.

And one way to specify otherwise is by saying "sold through" which basically means sold to customers.

Again, could be a mistake from Ubisofts' PR guys though.

When Sony said they sold 1 million PS4s in 24 hours, no one interpreted that as "shipped". Same with the WD numbers. No one is saying "Oh, these are shipped numbers." However, with Mario Kart 8 - oh no, of course not. There's no way Nintendo sold that many. Yeah, these numbers are shipped. Yep. Now I can sleep better at night.

Dude, this is all a matter of wording. Look here is the 1 million PS4 tweet by Shuhei Yoshida:

See what it says? "Sold through".

not trying to troll or bait, but this number is mind blowing in that time frame. given that, makes you wonder what's going through the minds of 3rd party devs/publishers now that chose the exclusive/limited route with new IPs on the next gen consoles. Surely this outta make them take notice on what they've potentially missed out on given the lack of current sw on starving next gen systems. Also, in hindsight, with the lack of new gen releases, 2014 would/could be the year new IPs find much more success.

the gaming industry is alive and well.. just currently sw lacking...

Man.. I hate it when your girl has to leave my place to come back to you..

tbone51 said:

I don't really care how people tried to downplay MK8 and the Wii U, I just looked at the wording of both press releases and arrived at the conclusion that MK8 is shipped + digital (with, as I've been saying alot since yesterday, probably very high sell through) and WD, seems at this point to be sold + digital.

We can see soon. With NPD (2 days of sales) and tomorrows Media Create/Famitsu, we can estimate if the 1.2mil is solded or shipped

Edit: So for Ex, if US sold 300k and im japan it sold 300k, its safe to say 1.2mil figure is shipped.

So far we know just these 2 for MK8 sales....

UK: 54k-110k

Japan: 300k+

Are you applying 666% to 10k europe sales? because that increase is only for UK and Wii U is around 2k accoring to VGC for last week. I dont think Europe will get such big bump and i expect around 30-40k mostly for Europe(15k+ for UK). 

For USA preorders there are approx 300k according to VGC, so this can be around 400k+ for USA.

So far we have around 750-850k.

USA - 400k+

UK - 54 - 105k+

JAPAN - 300k+

EDIT: Corrected UK numbers which i meant for hardware instead of Software.

GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.

Around the Network

Well done ubi. The amazing sales is pointing for a sequel and I will be waiting for it. I can't imagine an improved game from the first.

I'll never buy Watch_Dogs, but I do have to give props to Ubisoft!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

AZWification said:

I'll never buy Watch_Dogs, but I do have to give props to Ubisoft!

not even if watch dogs 2 was a bandicoot from australia jumping around a tropical island smashing boxes?

So WD sales are greater than MK8.

Run that by me again.

I must be the only one not surprised by these results....I predicted 6m in its first month on 15 May. 

proof

I expected too that WD PS4 bundle will boost to 300k or more in USA in May, so everything is going according to the plan....