By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - What is the best current-gen game available?

I would have to say SMG by quite a long shot, easily the best game in a while. Runner up would go to Mass Effect I guess. I would've said Gears of War as runner up, but it's too repetitive for such a short game IMO.

Around the Network

LoZ: TP

If you consider that last gen, then either SMG, Uncharted, or Portal.

Bacon has it right. Super Smash Brothers Brawl is available already in Japan, so that is going to have to go above Mario Galaxy AND Orange Box in terms of best game currently available. Though I think if Orange Box came out for the Wii, it could probably even give Brawl a run for it's money.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

Wii Sports
Portal

Those are my choices.  

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

hmmm... in around 14 or 15 days in teh us. ssbb will come out

right now: no comment
but then ssbb

Around the Network

Even though all the problems with CoD4 i would say it has been one of the best games so far this generation, the online is what gives it first place. Ratchet and clank on the PS3 would be my second choice, not a single thing wrong with it, it was 100% fun from start to finish, i beat it 4times.

I found the orange box OK, moves too slow in the single player, portal was okay, nothing too great but it was an interesting concept. And TF2 was very retarded, one of the worst games i have ever played.

The most overrated game so far this generation is SMG in my mind, i found it a pain to play, bad controls and an even worse camera.

These are my opinions, so no need to say i'm trolling or whatever.

From What I've played

1st place - Call of Duty 4
2nd place - Resistance: Fall of Man
3rd place - Rainbow Six: Vegas
4th place - Oblivion
5th place - Halo 3

I'm back...

Since this is in the sales forum....

Wii Sports or Wii Play. Since those two have the highest sales. So it depends on if you want to count a bundled game. If not, it goes to the 10 dollers.

EDIT: Whoops, i forgot the DS.  The best game of this generation is Nintendogs.  Yipee. 

If that doesn't work for you. I gotta go With Super Mario Galaxy as it's the best rated game of the generation and last i checked one of the highest two rated games of all time.

I don't really have any other metric to decide.

If your asking which game I personally enjoyed the most. MLB Power Pros. Though that also came out on the PS2.

So if that also doesn't count. Call of Duty 4.

1st - Super Mario Galaxy
2nd - The Orange Box (very close)

my favorite game is Uncharted...i doubt its the best one ever