By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - What is the best current-gen game available?

Portal, far and beyond the best game I played this year. The puzzles were great, the humor was great, just a fantastic experience from beginning to end.

I played some SMG but I've never been much of a Mario guy so my second would have to be Uncharted, I had a really good time with that game as well.

Around the Network

Orange Box is a good shout. Same with Crysis

Well, the game that I've put in the most hours on would be Mass Effect. That's got to count for something, I guess.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

Tendou said:
FJ-Warez said:
PC- Orange Box
Wii- Mario Galaxy
360- Bioshock
PS3- Uncharted

My choice, Mario Galaxy, but after SSBB, Mario who???

So...

PC -- Orange Box > Bioshock

XBox 360 -- Bioshock > Orange Box

Ps3 -- Uncharted > Orange Box

So basically it's Uncharted > Orange Box = Bioshock / Mario Galaxy??

right?

Lol no...

Orange Box for me is the best thing in the PC, the same goes for Bioshock in the 360 and Uncharted in the PS3, but above them is Super Mario Galaxy, followed by the Orange Box and Bioshock... 

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

currently its super mario galaxy but when brawl comes out i will probably pick brawl.

the nintendo wii will outsell the ps3 and the 360 combined by the end of 2008.                           

PS3 will out sell the 360 june 2010.                                                                      

GOTY of 2008 is super smash brothers brawl.... hopefully.

END OF 08 PREDICTIONS:

Wii: 45 million         xbox360: 26 million       PS3: 19 million (made beginning of 08)

wii: 44 million         xbox 360: 24 million      PS3: 21 million (made june 08)

wii code: 8094-5344-2140-1400

brawl code: 5412-9565-3232   

Around the Network

Halo 3. Biggest thing ever.

Metroid Prime 3 Smg and Cod 4 are all equally the best games imo. I would smash all of my other next gen games to keep these 3.

right now i think the best games this generation are both seasons of Sam & Max pc series, Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3 and Zack & Wiki.

Man, there aren't any stand-out games yet, really. I'll break down some things.

Innovation - Mass Effect
Replay Value - Oblivion
Gameplay - Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Story - Lost Odyssey
Multi-Player - Call Of Duty 4
Graphics - Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools Of Destruction

There hasn't really been a game that puts everything together yet. Metal Gear Solid 4, although I don't like Metal Gear, is looking like it may be *that* game. Grand Theft Auto 4 has a chance to do something great, too. Right now, I would have to say the best all-around game is Mass Effect. Mass Effect, though, has it's technical issues. If not for that, it could have been a 94-95% game.

Ninja Gaiden has it's flaws as well. The main one is it's bad camera, and the games graphics are a bit dated. Plus, the game is merely a remake of an old Xbox game. S

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Mario Galaxy

Proud owner of all three consoles and handhelds.

Gamertag: MrKetchup911 (Add me up)