By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - What is the best current-gen game available?

This goes between 360/PS3/Wii (And PC games since Christmas 2005).

My choice: The Orange Box - X360/PS3/PC.

Why? The game combines arguably the best PC FPS game to date with a futuristic and really original puzzle-game, a sweet, cartoony-looking multiplayer game, and two additional episodes with extra content for only 60$ (I bought it for 35$).

Half Life 2 is a game that you Really want to keep playing. The game combines really good physics (All hail the dev-team that developed the Havok engine) with sweet shoot-outs and puzzle-elements that require inventing guns such as the gravity-gun (And in Portal the portal-gun). When you've finally finished HL2 (Which already looks sweet on the PS3/X360) you get to play Episode 1. The game isn't on-par with HL2 but the plot and the interaction with Alyx is a great addition to the storyline. Additionaly, the graphics are better. Episode 2 is better than HL2 i think. Although i own the PS3-version (Which supposedly suffers lag in EP2) but i haven't noticed any framerate-issues or lag. Episode 2 is even longer than episode 1 and takes you out of City 17. With great shoot-outs and a sweet story. Graphics are again better than HL2 and even better than HL2Ep1.

Now i'm looking forward to Episode 3 and i really, really hope that comes out on the consoles too! 

THE NETHERLANDS

Around the Network

I can only offer Mario Galaxy for the Wii as I've not got a 360 or PS3 yet. However, the Orange Box does seem a good choice. Not only did it have Portal - which strongly competed with MG for GOTY - but it also has all the extra content.

Crysis, the graphics are absolutely stunning, and ive completed the game and it has one of the best story lines ever made, and it had a 98% PCGAMER score if i remember correctly.

PC- Orange Box
Wii- Mario Galaxy
360- Bioshock
PS3- Uncharted

My choice, Mario Galaxy, but after SSBB, Mario who???

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

Call of Duty 4 Ps3/360/PC this is IMO the best game so far this gen. GTA4 seems as though it can overtake it though.

VGCHARTZ PRESENTS:

BI-WEEKLY LEAGUE
All VGCharterz welcome!!!
PSN: Al_Kickurass, Official Warhawk League Thread!!!-> http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=21937
Around the Network
FJ-Warez said:
PC- Orange Box
Wii- Mario Galaxy
360- Bioshock
PS3- Uncharted

My choice, Mario Galaxy, but after SSBB, Mario who???

So...

PC -- Orange Box > Bioshock

XBox 360 -- Bioshock > Orange Box

Ps3 -- Uncharted > Orange Box 

So basically it's Uncharted > Orange Box = Bioshock / Mario Galaxy??

right? 

Well I say Orange box =p.

Close one though coz SMG is great to.

Hmmm .. for me it would be a tie between Crysis , MP3 , Gears of Wars and probably Motorstorm ...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. The story is incredibly poignant and there are just so many hidden things to do that I still keep exploring the overworld even a year after I've beaten the game.

Gears of War - XBox360/PC
Gears of War 2 - this will be the next king.