By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How's Wii's 08 shaping up to be?

Wasn't HAMMER canceled?

"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."

Your theories are the worst kind of popular tripe, your methods are sloppy, and your conclusions are highly questionable! You are a poor scientist. Especially if you think the moon landing was faked.

ioi + 1
Around the Network

^ It was shelved but idk if it was brought back.

Mario Kart
Okami
Smash Brothers

^These are the only AAA titles I see. It's really to early to judge, as there are most likely games in development that have not been confirmed yet. As of now, I think the Wii's 08 is horrible. Worse than last year by far.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Having Brawl, Pro Evolution Soccer, Mario Kart, Wiifit, Tales, and thee other RPG games (really, there are a few and I do not feel like listing every freaking awesome game coming out this year) make their way to stores this year, I am totally stoked about this year.

I mean, I am probably going to buy around thirty brand new games this year. And that would bring my total up to around fifty-five games for Wii in two years on the market. I own sixty-five Gamecube games right now, so that is something to consider.

This year should be great for all gamers across the spectrum. Every console has at least three games I want and feel could be classified as must have titles. Each console as a, "system seller" that should shift hardware. Cheers to them all this year.

01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01001001 01111001 01101111 01101100 01100001 01101000 00100001 00100000 01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000101 01110100 01100101 01110010 01101110 01101001 01110100 01111001 00100001 00100000

The worst part about that signature as that he'll post several times in a row. Jesus that thing sucks.

Around the Network

HAMMER is "Off Schedule". FYI

Also, I want, well, Kid Icarus 2, Pikmin 3, and Eternal Darkness 2.

I think that Nintendo will plan to release Animal Crossing as a MMO, an online F-Zero, and a revamped version of Pikmin for the Holiday 08 season.

Until then, we'll be able to play Brawl and Mario Kart, but thats good enough for me.

Also, we will probably see a form of expanding the Wii's internal memory whether it be running games off SD cards (very likely) or Wii Channel support for an external hard drive (less likely) along with a voice chat peripheral.

Nintendo may have had an amazing 2007, but 2008 looks absolutely stunning!!!

Riot Of The Blood said:
Mario Kart
Okami
Smash Brothers

^These are the only AAA titles I see. It's really to early to judge, as there are most likely games in development that have not been confirmed yet. As of now, I think the Wii's 08 is horrible. Worse than last year by far.

That's bullcrap dude, the 08 lineup has way more quality games than the 07 lineup on paper, especially from 3rd parties.

Kirby, Animal Crossing, Tales of Symphonia, FF:CC, Wii-Ware games, Fragile, Fatal Frame, No More Heroes, Alone in the Dark, Guitar Hero IV, Rock Band, Call of Duty 5, Harvest Moon Heroes, Starwars:The force unleashed, Ghostbusters, Disaster: DoC, King's Story, Monster Hunter 3, Oboro Muramasa Youtouden, Boom Blox, Mario Baseball, Wii Fit.

Your thinking in a 2 dimensional box, and not encompassing all the new multiplats that have now been ported to the Wii, nor remembers awesome exclusive games like Kirby, ToS, or Fragile.

Come on man, I'd buy every one of those games, lol, plus Kart, Smash, Okami. There are WAYYY more games I'd consider for purchase this year for the Wii than last year, and we don't even know the Xmas lineup yet. If you say it sucks, that's your opinion, but if you say its worse than last year, you haven't seen the freakin game list side by side, and that's all there is too that argument.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

08 is shaping up to be quite a huge year for Wii. I mean finally WiiWare comes out giving the Wii a whole new dynamic of games. Then of course Nintendo announced Pay and Play, that will give DLC to Wii games and some extensive features to some online games for a small price. NOt to mention this will be the year that we see the introduction of the voice chat system for Wii online. And with the introduction of the balance board, it adds more possibilities to making games as intriguing as possible.

Then of course we have the games. I mean we've already had the likes of No More Heroes which has been the best game released in 2008 so far. Yes over DMC4. But lots more to come:

Super Smash Bros Brawl
Mario Kart Wii
Wii Fit
Wii Music
Okami
House of Dead 2 and 3 Return
Dragon Quest Swords(just released)
Boom Blox
Obscure: The Aftermath
Monster Lab
Mushroom Men
Sambo de Amigo Wii
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
Red Steel 2
Alone in the Dark
Animal Crossing
de Blob
Disaster Day of Crisis
Monster Hunter 3
Fatal Frame IV
Tales of Symphonia 2

Really Wii's lineup is one of the most diverse around all possible genres. And really the only genres it limps in on would be fighters and shooters. both of which you'll see a few mroe announcements later on to cover that up.

this year the Wii is looking awesome

SSBB, Wiifit, Mario Kart. 2 AAA titles and 1 targeting people who own Wii,

What I am worried about is that all of them are coming in early part of the year. It'd be better if they are all spaced-out

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)