By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How's Wii's 08 shaping up to be?

I doubt 08 will best 07 unless something really big is annouced.

I don't Wii having another game with a 97% score.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
The_vagabond7 said:
DarkNight_DS said:
Well the PTP was implemented for Square enix. We knew about this about a year or so ago.

Links, or more info? I had never heard anything about Square enix wanting PTP online for the wii. That could lead to some interesting rumors if true.

Things Square requested:

External Storage access (coming soon TBA)

Pay to Play pricing model (Announced)

Cross platform online play (So far denied)

I quickly looked through google and couldn't find the original quotes from Square but I do distinctly remember them saying PTP.  Most sites concentrated on the storage. 

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

That's interesting about square enix, probably not just a coincidence. I wonder if they did if for more than just square enix though. Monster hunter 3 may be ptp, much like the phantasy star online games.

and This has nothing to do with anything I just like this song.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

The system has a ton of momentum going into 2008. Wii Fit, Brawl, and Mario Kart will ensure great sales into the middle of the year. I'm eager to find out what Nintendo will consider their big holiday title since we've seen most of their major franchises released on the Wii (Mario, Zelda, Metroid).

The biggest difference between 2007 and 2008 will be the quality of third party games. They couldn't have gotten much worse last year, but I believe there will some significant improvements and a few stand outs this year.

Numbers are like people. Torture them enough and you can get them to say anything you want.

VGChartz Resident Thread Killer

outlawauron said:
I doubt 08 will best 07 unless something really big is annouced.

I don't Wii having another game with a 97% score.

Read your last sentence aloud.

Around the Network

it will be even better year for wii than 2007, i think. there is many great 1st party games heading to the system but also great amount of 3rd party exclusives anounced - square enix games, fatal frame, monster hunter, boom blox, fragile and so on.

daactualfact said:
guys, give me about 3 hours til I leave my cousin's house then I will use my pc to shorten the sig.

You know you can edit your sig from a Wii.... true it is tricky to add pictures because you need to type the URL, but you would have pissed off many fewer people had you just deleted everything from your sig for a few hours, then add in a sensible sig later.

So here is a message for when you get back from your cousins, which was apparently a few hours ago.

SHORTEN YOUR SIG SIGNIFICANTLY! WHY DID YOU THINK IT WAS APPROPRIATE TO HAVE SUCH A STUPID SIG IN THE FIRST PLACE?

OMG this is a good example too not have sigs at all...

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

daactualfact said:
p.s.- sorry about the sig if y'all wondering. :(

Yes, we were wondering why it's monstrous. I believe a mod asked you to cut it down.

I wonder if Nintendo will manage to sneak out a new Zelda by the year's end.