By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How's Wii's 08 shaping up to be?

guys, give me about 3 hours til I leave my cousin's house then I will use my pc to shorten the sig.

Damn things have changed since 2009 began. Here are my new visions for the end of the generation.

Wii: 135 mil

Ps3: 85 mil

360: 60 mil

True Genius
Around the Network

I am looking into around 22 wii games this year.

Damn things have changed since 2009 began. Here are my new visions for the end of the generation.

True Genius
akuma587 said:
I am curious to see what the Christmas lineup will be. So far it is not looking nearly as robust as last years (which is nearly impossible if you ask me).

http://wii.ign.com/index/release.html

Animal Crossing MMO (rumored) is all I see worth mentioning so far. It seems like there early year lineup is stronger than their Q3 and Q4 lineup, which is very bizarre.

As Nintendo has said many a times, they are showing their hand until the game is close to completion. I doubt they are going to leave christmas a wide gaping hole, I suspect there will be a number of announcements at E3 or possibly even after E3 to show what to look forward to in the second half of the year. They apparently are working on a kirby game for wii too, and there are always the rumblings of pikmin 3. Nintendo has a ton of development studios, and I'm sure some of them are going to have some cards to show for the end of the year. Not to mention whatever else Capcom, Square and others have to show.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

I want more Wii games this year than I bought for my 360 last year! (and that was around 16 games)

True Genius

Nintendo needs to make an F-zero Wii. I used to play that on my brothers Snes when I was like 6.

True Genius
Around the Network

The PTP service has me interested. It shows that Nintendo is really trying to step into the Online arena with live.

I think that not every game will have this which will be good.
(if every online Wii game has this, I will be pissed, but I wouldn't go sell my Wii because of it. Life ain't cheap.)

True Genius

yeah wii got/are gattrning: No more Heroes, Brawl, Wii fit, Okinami, Wiiware, MK wii, DDoC, H.A.M.M.E.R. what can beat that lineup

Well the PTP was implemented for Square enix. We knew about this about a year or so ago.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

pretty excellent I think.

DarkNight_DS said:
Well the PTP was implemented for Square enix. We knew about this about a year or so ago.

Links, or more info? I had never heard anything about Square enix wanting PTP online for the wii. That could lead to some interesting rumors if true.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.