By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart 8 sells 1.2 million over first weekend

In the thread Welfare posted I predicted 860k for first week. Glad to see I undershot it by 400k!

Great opening!

Around the Network

Wow... I predicted ~600k. Seems i was off by a lot!
Great to hear though!

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

but what about Polygon numbers? lulz

Click HERE and be happy 

Those digits are sweeeeeet! Well done Nintendo.

DerNebel said:
For people like me that want to know what the stars say:

*Based on Nintendo’s internal sales figures.

**Mario Kart 8 launched on Thursday, 29th May in Japan and Friday, 30th May across Europe and The Americas.

So shipped?

Around the Network
DerNebel said:
I assume that's shipped plus digital? Still great sales.

I picked up my copy friday from Gamestop. Clerk said they'd probably run out of stock by the end of the weekend. They were sold out of wii wheels. So I went to Best Buy, bought the last wii wheel available. And they told me they already sold out the game and the MK8 bundle.

That's just my experience, but I think we're looking a high sell-through.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Shipped or sold?

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Holy ass! That is EPIC!!!!!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Amazing!

fleischr said:
DerNebel said:
I assume that's shipped plus digital? Still great sales.

I picked up my copy friday from Gamestop. Clerk said they'd probably run out of stock by the end of the weekend. They were sold out of wii wheels. So I went to Best Buy, bought the last wii wheel available. And they told me they already sold out the game and the MK8 bundle.

That's just my experience, but I think we're looking a high sell-through.

Same experience here, difference being that German stock was in danger of running out before official launch XD