By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why didn't you buy a Gamecube for $199, $149, $99?

Dark_Lord_2008 said:
GameCube sucked. I never considered buying one.

Whahaha... I feel pitty for you! You just keep trying to look cool with your PS2...

THE NETHERLANDS

Around the Network
tarheel91 said:
Riot Of The Blood said:
I'll answer your question, Rol'.

People were just to damn stupid. They were to caught up in trying to look cool and hip with their PS2's.

QFT. I can't believe I'm QFTing you, but I am. I bought a Gamecube, but I remember any time I encountered someone who didn't have one, it was always because "Gamecube's so uncool" or "Gamecube's for 10 year olds" or "Hahaha, Gamecube is for losers." It simply had a negative conotation with most of the people who played video games but weren't really into video games. In fact, the reason why any person like that had a Gamecube was because of Melee. That was the only "cool" game on Gamecube. Well, that and RE4. At least that was the case until the PS2 version came out because it was automatically better since it was on the PS2.

Don't forget the other Resident Evils. That spiked my interest a little bit, but I still had a horror junkie of a friend who had those as well, similar to with Melee (and other party games).

well at first i didnt buy one at 150$ because i didnt really know how good the ninty games are then at 99$ i bought one after playing SSBM and RE4

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

The only game I ever wanted to play on it was Smash and I always had a friend who had a copy.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

akuma587 said:
The only game I ever wanted to play on it was Smash and I always had a friend who had a copy.

Exactly, it's great to be connected.

Around the Network

I bought one at 200. One month later it went to 150 I felt dumb, but at the time resident evil the remake called.

Already own one. Brother got it for $130 in March 2003

kasillas88 said:
I didnt buy one because it appealed to a much younger audience. (My younger sister bought one though)

Real men use guns, girls use GCs, right?

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

I bought one at launch, because the graphics in SSBM looked amazing, and of course, the game itself looked fun :)

trestres said:
kasillas88 said:
I didnt buy one because it appealed to a much younger audience. (My younger sister bought one though)

Real men use guns, girls use GCs, right?

Has there ever been any doubt that Nintendo generally appeals to a younger demographic?  Just go look at the games listed that are upcoming for the Wii and those that are upcoming for the PS3/360 at IGN and any doubts you have about that will be laid to rest.

Its not necessarily a bad thing, just something you have to consider when purchasing a console.  The distribution of Mature games is much higher on the other two than on the GC or the Wii.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson