By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why didn't you buy a Gamecube for $199, $149, $99?

I bought one for 120$ two months before Wii's launch, bundled with Super Mario Sunshine (my 3rd GCN)

Around the Network

€200

What a complete waste of money. Played it for about 20 hours altogether I'd say. I played my PS2 the whole time and played my xbox a lot more than the gamecube anyway.

RolStoppable said:

This thread was obviously inspired by CrazzyMan's similar thread about the PS3. Maybe the answers in this thread will help some people to understand why the PS3 sales won't increase drastically once the console hits a lower price point.

As it should be known, the Gamecube had a good number of great exclusive games (including a good chunk of the ten highest rated games of the 6th gen), it was a reliable and powerful hardware, it had (by far) the shortest loading times of its generation and on top of that it was always the cheapest system during its lifecycle.

1) Why didn't you buy a Gamecube for $199 or $149?

2) Why didn't you buy a Gamecube even for the low cost of $99, which is equal to the price of two new games?

*EDIT: I am asking why you didn't buy a GC during the 6th gen, not why you aren't going to buy one now. So please don't answer with something about Wii backwards compatibility. Also, don't answer if you bought a GC that was on sale for an amount lower than $99, this still means that you bought a GC. Thanks.*

But they did.....