By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why didn't you buy a Gamecube for $199, $149, $99?

^^

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network

I didn't buy one because I was a hardcore PC gamer then...

I am a Gamer... I play games and not consoles. I have a PC and Console on which I game... I like games. End of Story!

Bought the silver cube pak bundled with wind waker on its launch.

Ynwa.

Well, I didn't buy one because I couldn't even catch up to all the ps2 games I wanted to play. It was no point buying another console and increasing clutter for a grand total of games I could probably count with one hand

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

I didn't buy it at $149 or $99 because I'd already bought it at $199

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

I bought 3 gamecubes because the younger me didn't like taking care of my systems

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

I think I never bought one because there were so many games I was playing on PS2.

Gran Turismo 3

Devil May Cry

Resident Evil Code Veronica

Metal Gear Solid 2

Twisted Metal Black

Grand Theft Auto 3

All these games were out before the Gamecube was even released in America. PS2 was also my first DVD player, which was kinda cool that I could watch DVD's instead of my old VHS tapes.

I didn't buy it because it didn't have that many games that caught my interest. the closest I ever came to buying a GC was because of RE4 but then capcom announced that the game was coming to PS2. so I didn't buy a GC.

I didnt buy one at those prices because i only wanted 2 games- Resident evil zero and the remake, so i bought a GC for £20 like not so long ago lol

My Wii plays Game Cube Games, go figure. =P

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D