By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why didn't you buy a Gamecube for $199, $149, $99?

I think GBA was better than GC too. But I have a Gameboy player with my GC.

Around the Network

prior to getting one for christmas, i pictured it as being a backward step for nintendo. mario kart dd was the game that got me hooked on the gc and i've loved it ever since then. ssbm and re4 is what has kept me with it.

i didnt buy a gc becuase i didnt know much about it and ps2 seemed to have quite a lot of shooters,also none of my friends even considered it so i didnt either

"They will know heghan belongs to the helghast"

"England expects that everyman will do his duty"

"we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender"

Simple: People are stupid. I made 3 people buy Cubes and they were all happy. If more people bought one then we would have seen more 3rd party support. I still loved it though.

I bought one for $99 only to play MGS: Twin Snakes and it was sweeeeeeeet.

Around the Network

i bought one at launch and really didnt have as much fun with it as I did n64, ps1, super nintendo or ps2

why?

10 good games dont make a system good, all those other consoles i listed had over 50 good titles.

and ps3 already has more good titles than gamecube does imo

my friend had one down the road, so when i want top lay i played with him, and it just did not have what i wanted to play most of the time in college

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Because it just did not have games that appealed to me. I also owned PS2 and got xbox when it launched.

I get the bump. It's because the OP was way off the mark.

I never bought a GC, I just took a N64 and used some pirated HW and made it into a GC, so it was free! That's why I didn't buy one at X price.