By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why didn't you buy a Gamecube for $199, $149, $99?

Because I usually just get one system each gen. For instance I chose the 64 over the station because I thought it was a better system with better games. However when PS2, Xbox, Gamecube hit the market, I chose PS2 because It had better games than any other system.

This gen I'm probably going to be sticking with the PS3 because the games suit me more than the Wii or 360.

Friend Code : 2878 - 9590 - 0767

Around the Network
Soriku said:
@Squall

The GC version was the better version.

So much hypocrisy.

Because I got it for a Christmas present.

I only had money for one system last gen. Considering that I could not find enough places to rent GC games I had to go with PS2 (GC userbase in my country was 3%). I did not have enough money to buy new games, I had to rent or buy them used. I made the decision for PS2 because I could not stand playing 2-3 games a year. All that said, I am still sad that I lost a lot of great games on the GC.

That is basically the same reason I did not get a PS3 or Xbo360 - money. I have more money now, but I am not paying 2-3 times what I paid last gen for a console. Another problem is the higher price for games. I would not pay 50 every game last gen, so why would I pay 60 for them now?

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Most of my friends that didn't get a GC ignored it because they thought that it:

"has inferior graphics, It looks lika a kiddie toy and can only play a boring luigi game in a silly ghost house"

Beware, I live!
I am Sinistar!
Beware, coward!
I hunger!
Roaaaaaaaaaar!

At least 62 million Wii sold by the end of 09 or my mario avatar will get sad
Around the Network

I didnt buy one because it appealed to a much younger audience. (My younger sister bought one though)

VGCHARTZ PRESENTS:

BI-WEEKLY LEAGUE
All VGCharterz welcome!!!
PSN: Al_Kickurass, Official Warhawk League Thread!!!-> http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=21937

GameCube sucked. I never considered buying one.

because I didn't like the design. For me it looked like a toy not a gaming system.

(\__/)
( -'.'-)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Well, I technically got mine for free. Still, I probably wouldn't have bought one anyway because the only game that I had really wanted on it was Melee and friends I'd hang out with all the time already had a GC, Melee, and 4 controllers so my needs were set.

However, my parents got one for my sister because she said she wanted a video games system (inspired by my video game habits) when the GC was either $99 or $150.

Riot Of The Blood said:
I'll answer your question, Rol'.

People were just to damn stupid. They were to caught up in trying to look cool and hip with their PS2's.

QFT.  I can't believe I'm QFTing you, but I am.  I bought a Gamecube, but I remember any time I encountered someone who didn't have one, it was always because "Gamecube's so uncool" or "Gamecube's for 10 year olds" or "Hahaha, Gamecube is for losers."  It simply had a negative conotation with most of the people who played video games but weren't really into video games.  In fact, the reason why any person like that had a Gamecube was because of Melee.  That was the only "cool" game on Gamecube.  Well, that and RE4.  At least that was the case until the PS2 version came out because it was automatically better since it was on the PS2.