By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why didn't you buy a Gamecube for $199, $149, $99?

I didn't buy one because, although it may have had good games in some peoples opinions, the games weren't for me.

I don't want to buy a console just for mario and zelda and whatever else.

Also because I got PS2 before GC was out and it was only $300.

Around the Network

I didn't buy one because I had a GBA.

I didn't buy a Gamecube at any of its suggested retail prices because it was a flop.

I didnt buy one at 99USD because when I picked mine up, it was already dead. i got it for 99 Euro though.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

I was still in grade school when the system came out and i lived at home and my brother owned a GC/xbox within the first 6months of them being out, so i had no need to buy one, i also bought a PS2 before the GC/xbox came out.

My brother owns a 360/wii now, so i could get his GC off him, i already got a free xbox off a buddy. But i found the games on the GC were just not as good as the PS2/xbox which had lots of great games, but brawl, Mario cart and animal crossing had lots of hours played on them back in the day.

I also don't see myself buying a wii this generation either, i don't like 3D mario, MP series, or the Zelda series. Plus i can't stand the wii-mote, it drives me insane using it, but wii sports was okay for the first week using it but i grew tired of waving it around.

Around the Network

@Soriku

Not RE4 since that was on the PS2 too :D

My policy is to focus on one system. So since I had a PS2, following my policy I stuck with it. My reasonning is that at the time, since my disposable income was limited, I perfered to buy games rather then another system, its accessories and games. The marginal utility of a 2nd console didn't justify the marginal price EDIT: since leisure time is limited.

With upwards mobility and considering how different the Wii is, maybe someday during this generation or after Wii HD, I'll throw out my one console per generation policy, but not yet.

@Soriku

I didn't notice that much difference tbh... Still got to play the game without the need for a GC regardless :P

I've played both, and i didn't find it any less fun playing it on the PS2 :P

Iwasn't allowed to get a GC so i got it for 249 (the wii)
when i got my wii the gc came w. it