By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Prediction: Both Sunset Overdrive and Driveclub are going to flop

Driveclub is going to be a strange case. With the Ps+ edition being there at launch it's going to seriously gimp its sales, people will people try the Ps+ version first before deciding if they want to purchase it, while others will just stay with the PS+ version since you can still platinum the game and play with your friends on it.

Around the Network

Well according to preorders, much more want Driveclub : 80k

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Driveclubs biggest issue is that part of it is free on PS+, I expect that to affect sales badly.
Sunset Overdrive, to me looks pretty boring so far, and I don't have a lot of faith in Insomniac to deliver something interesting.

So yes I think both will struggle for different reasons. Destiny on the other hand I think will be big, and as we move into the xmas period there are bigger/better games than the two the OP stated for people to bother with.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Fusioncode said:

Now this has nothing to do with whether or not the games are any good, it's simply that they're releasing in the worst possible time. Both games are reportedly coming this Fall barring anymore delays, meaning that they're going to have to face off against some massive 3rd party games. Here are all the big titles coming in the fall. 

Madden 15

Destiny

Skylanders Trap Team

Alien Isolation

Dragon Age 3

Far Cry 4

Shadow of Mordor

Batman Arkham Knight

Evolve

Assassin's Creed Unity

Too much competition. Both exclusives are going to have a lot of trouble standing out from the pack in my opinion.

I know there are lots of COD haters here, but this list is missing the game that is going to have the largest sale numbers which is COD Advanced Warfare.  I would expect, at worst, 20 million sold amongst all platforms.

think-man said:
Driveclub is going to be a strange case. With the Ps+ edition being there at launch it's going to seriously gimp its sales, people will people try the Ps+ version first before deciding if they want to purchase it, while others will just stay with the PS+ version since you can still platinum the game and play with your friends on it.

And anyone that upgrades to the full version is more likely to do it digitally.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

Driveclub will have momentum on the fact it is free on plus, sunset overdrive's market is not on xbox, i think, unless microsoft do something drastic, SO might flop, but wont really affect insomniac luckily since ms funded it

Driveclub will be far better received and far more successful but it will be downplayed because of the PS+ version.

The PS5 Exists. 

I don't want Sunset Overdrive to flop! That game looks so awesome!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Aerys said:

Aren't  most of those pre-orders from when Driveclub was supposed to come out months ago?

jlmurph2 said:
Aerys said:

Aren't  most of those pre-orders from when Driveclub was supposed to come out months ago?

Probably, but they're still there if that means anything.