By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Prediction: Both Sunset Overdrive and Driveclub are going to flop

There's also every sports game releasing in that time frame. I don't think they'll flop, well Driveclub probably will, but I don't think they'll do as well as some people are thinking.

Around the Network

They'll be fine

I feel like the only thing that may or may have hurt Driveclub was the fact that it got delayed a year.

Sunset Overdrive will most likely sell decently. I only see Evolve and maybe Destiny as being it's competition

spurgeonryan said:
Fusioncode said:
spurgeonryan said:
What do you consider flop for these games? Under a million sold? Or more.

If they each end up under a million sold I would consider that a flop. 

So do you think breaking even would be a flop in your opinion?

We don't know what it costs to break even. The only thing we can do is set up sales goals and see if the games reach them.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

I have thought Driveclub would 'flop' since the very start.

I'd say Sunset Overdrive has a chance, that seems original enough.

Its only a direct competition if it's competing against another similar game. Drive club might compete against horizon 2 if it comes this year.

Around the Network

Without knowing how much each cost to make, you can't say either flopped. Critical flop, sure. Sales? Who knows.

Well a critical flop may be avoided if Xbox fans predict within reason and don't be all (90+ META!!!!) mentality.

Sales flop.....are we talking a million lifetime, just 2014, or 1 year of release?

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

I think Drive Club is different enough from those games that it will be fine. It should also have a ton of advertising support. Sunset Overdrive will have more trouble standing out. We also need to see how much advertising Microsoft kicks in.

I don't see either game being a "flop". PS4/XO owners are pretty eager for next-gen games.

I don't think so. The PS4 will have had a long gap since its last exclusive so I think that will help Driveclub's sales.
Sunset Overdrive could possibly but MS will market it well and X1 hasn't had a big exclusive in a while.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Angelus said:
Driveclub will. Sunset will likely drop in September, and do just fine.

driveclub is free.

sunset overdrive will bomb easely

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)